Yet Another AC Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Limited, shorty. I had the AC compressor replaced earlier this summer because it was constantly blowing hot. Compressor had seized up.

Fast forward a couple of months and the AC is acting up again. It intermittently blows hot instead of cold or sometimes hot all the time. Took it back to the shop that did the work initially. They found a code (forget which) that says there's a communication failure with the HVAC module. They also pulled down the system to a vacuum and made sure the amount of refrigerant was okay. And it was. They couldn't find anything wrong except the code. They didn't charge me for this. It's awesome to have a good indy shop nearby.

Anyway, I did tell the mechanic that this problem started happening after I got the blower motor replaced under the ongoing recall campaign. He suggested contacting Ford so now the truck is at the dealership that did the work. The service advisor seemed genuinely surprised that replacing the blower motor would cause this issue as it appears to be moving air but they would look at it.

I'm still waiting for a diagnosis but wanted to get some thoughts / info before they call so I'm not totally in the dark.

Thanks

athensdawgs81

Reaction score
My 2013 was recently doing this and it turned out to be the outside air temp sensor. I could see it on the display too. The outside air would randomly go to -25° and it would switch from cooling to heating. I also used forscan to reset the HVAC control module after I switched the sensor.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani