2015 Expedition Drivers Seat Trim Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
That's correct, it cost, well me, less than $ 55.00. I thought it was a bargain being direct from the Ford Store, I mean when is the last time you went to the dealership, and ever got out of there for less than a hundred bucks!? The did not even have to order it, didn't take long to figure out why they are so reasonable, in stock and you still cant get out of a Ford dealership for less than a hundred bucks. THAT THING IS THE SORRY'EST POC FORD COULD HAVE PUT ON THE SEAT. Second time back to the dealer a month after putting on the last one I bought 2 $ 115.00 + tax just under 125.00 in Wisconsin. The way the thing is made is pitiful, especially if slide out of the seat, once and a while, I have short legs. I got my Expy this passed March, that piece broke about a month and a half later. I let it ride for a few months until I could not stand how it irked me. Bought my first one, great for 2 months, busted again. Bought a second and third one, gotta put the third one on this weekend, back to the dealership for two more. God forbid we put real metal around the base of the seat like the 1962 Galaxy had! If you have short legs, are in and out of your truck a lot during the day, buy two and two more when you put the spare on. Hey Ford, figure it out!!!! What is worse, I only weigh 120 LBS!

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's correct, it cost, well me, less than $ 55.00. I thought it was a bargain being direct from the Ford Store, I mean when is the last time you went to the dealership, and ever got out of there for less than a hundred bucks!? The did not even have to order it, didn't take long to figure out why they are so reasonable, in stock and you still cant get out of a Ford dealership for less than a hundred bucks. THAT THING IS THE SORRY'EST POC FORD COULD HAVE PUT ON THE SEAT. Second time back to the dealer a month after putting on the last one I bought 2 $ 115.00 + tax just under 125.00 in Wisconsin. The way the thing is made is pitiful, especially if slide out of the seat, once and a while, I have short legs. I got my Expy this passed March, that piece broke about a month and a half later. I let it ride for a few months until I could not stand how it irked me. Bought my first one, great for 2 months, busted again. Bought a second and third one, gotta put the third one on this weekend, back to the dealership for two more. God forbid we put real metal around the base of the seat like the 1962 Galaxy had! If you have short legs, are in and out of your truck a lot during the day, buy two and two more when you put the spare on. Hey Ford, figure it out!!!! What is worse, I only weigh 120 LBS!
3 trim pieces broken sounds like user error. There’s guys on here twice your weight that have never broken that trim piece.

Dr0idattack

Reaction score
I agree that it’s a horrible design. I also broke mine sliding out. This isn’t user error; it’s bad design.

I just zip tied mine in place instead of buying a replacement.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try standing up and sitting down instead of dragging yourselves over the ledge and jamming your coats on it

It's clearly not designed to support any kind of weight

OP
OP
2015owner2015

2015owner2015

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At the part’s department of a Ford or Lincoln dealer.
Thanks, I was assuming that they would be very high priced. The service department wanted to charge about $300 to fix it. I hadn't really looked into it at that time, but that didn't seem reasonable and I wanted to DIY. Thanks.

Last edited:

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Wow, I'm 230 and I haven't broken one of those in my 07 or my 17. That's a rough one. I would say there should be plenty of them in the bone yards, but I don't know if they'd survive a crash where the seats weren't good enough to sell whole. Might be worth a few phone calls though.

eileen101

Reaction score
This is happening in my 14 expedition. I would find little plastic pieces not knowing where they came from till recently. Side panel came off today and seen this post, now need to figure out how to fix it.

cpski2b

Reaction score
It happened on my '09 on the driver's side and now both seats have broke on my '15.

I used the zip-tie fix.