2015 expedition head unit fit into 2007-2014 expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ps4acc88

Reaction score
Tried the search function, maybe I suck at looking stuff up but I could not locate anything on this. I been looking at headunits for my 07 as I have the standard stock stereo. I love stockish looking units, so I'm having a hard time finding one that looks like it belongs. The 2015s and up have the same center console, so I was wondering if they would fit/connect to an 07.

Thank you in advanced.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe so, different sizes. The 2014 unit will fit but will require more than aftermarket as it’s sync equipped.

Last edited:

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Certainly not something that can simply be plugged in. The 2007 and 2008 used Pioneer units, later head units were manufactured elsewhere. In 2015 the console was changed to permit a larger screen and yet another unit. Since the main dashboard housing was also changed that year, the entire dash would have to be replace to permit the bigger unit. And I'm sure there are wiring and computer connectivity issues also.