2015 Expedition released

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01exp4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ECO BOOST kicks ASS!

I had a rental f150 eco boost last week.

I could not believe it...

I told the wife, "I think this thing has a supercharger or something".

Just like I said. twin turbo... :wtf2:

In a rental? :Pshyco:

O.K. :pepper: I burned through some gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: and gave it back.

LMAO it was fun to drive.

nonwoven29

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not knocking the little bugger. Just saying all things being equal 3.5 v6,5.0v8,6.2v8 all turbo.

Which engine has the highest potential to lay the smack down. Yes you can turn the wick up on those baby Borgs.

Heck people are seeing upwards of 575bhp but a low return on TQ with a simple baby vortech Si trim in the 5.0 on nothing more then 7psi.

Try that with a 6? Sure it can be done but at a much higher cost. I haven't had a chance to drive an Eco anything yet. I want to when the time comes.

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most people that are going to buy an Expedition will never need the full amount of power. The ttv6 means better fuel economy for the masses and the mpg requirements and it still has enough power to pull pretty much anything the average family is going to throw at it. I would love to have it. To be able to get close to 20mpg city stock, I will take it all day long and 90% of the people that buy them will do the same.

EXACTLY! :signs6: :badger_1:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need the power to push my plus size rims!!!

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I think I will plan on the EL version if I can persuade her...she wants to look upper class with the escalade...maybe get her in the navigator

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

Mangina

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not knocking the little bugger. Just saying all things being equal 3.5 v6,5.0v8,6.2v8 all turbo.

Which engine has the highest potential to lay the smack down. Yes you can turn the wick up on those baby Borgs.

Heck people are seeing upwards of 575bhp but a low return on TQ with a simple baby vortech Si trim in the 5.0 on nothing more then 7psi.

Try that with a 6? Sure it can be done but at a much higher cost. I haven't had a chance to drive an Eco anything yet. I want to when the time comes.

You really need to ask yourself how many Expedition buyers actually care about tuning. I'd guess less than 1%.

Ford is trying to make money, not break into the 6000lb truck racing scene.

nonwoven29

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You really need to ask yourself how many Expedition buyers actually care about tuning. I'd guess less than 1%.

Ford is trying to make money, not break into the 6000lb truck racing scene.

True!! I definitely will not be moding any land barges again. Fun for the cool factore. Almost useless other wise unless you tow.

I agree something along then lines of a 10th of a percent will do or care about serious upgrades.

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is that trucks now have a fuel economy standard to meet like cars have had for some time.

I would be very surprised if the 6.2L makes it into the new Expy (or F150 for that matter). It would not make Big Brother happy (even though it would make some of us here VERY happy!).

The ecoboost will show good economy numbers on the EPA cycle in addition to offering more power and torque than the 5.4L. It would be nice to have an engine option with the 5.0L though.

When was the last time an Expy had an engine choice? 2003 with the 4.6 and 5.4?