2016 latest map and sync update - lost gear position icon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Utah Driver

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I was in the middle of a 4,000 mile trip and decided to update my maps. I quickly found out that the maps would not install unless I updated the already installed sync 3 to the latest sync 3 version. After performing the sync update and map update I noticed that the gear selection icon is missing now. It used to show all six gears in the icon and it would show what gear the transmission was in at any given time. That icon disappeared after the programming. Not a big thing but I wonder why the change. It will show a single gear number in the tach icon but the old icon is now not available. 20230608_183041_resized.jpg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I was in the middle of a 4,000 mile trip and decided to update my maps. I quickly found out that the maps would not install unless I updated the already installed sync 3 to the latest sync 3 version. After performing the sync update and map update I noticed that the gear selection icon is missing now. It used to show all six gears in the icon and it would show what gear the transmission was in at any given time. That icon disappeared after the programming. Not a big thing but I wonder why the change. It will show a single gear number in the tach icon but the old icon is now not available. View attachment 77993

Press the + / - button on the side of the transmission shift lever while the engine is running and the shift lever is in the drive position.

That switch will also toggle the display you’re now missing between the on and off display.

tacoduck

Reaction score
I have a 2016 w sync. I still can’t get mobile apps to come up. Do you run mobile apps on your Sync3 ? I’d like to be able to run Waze.

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I may not be adding anything helpful but.............
I have a 2017 Expy. With a Pixel 7 phone and the latest Android Auto that mobile icon no longer showed up in my Apps??? Come to find out I had to plug in, not available wireless. Once I plugged phone in(cord) the Android Auto was 'recognized' as available and from there I was able to access all possibilities including WAZE.
Not sure if this is helpful but .................

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m sure whenever you manipulating one of the buttons (radio, a/c, etc…) you may have accidentally bumped the +/- button on the gear selector. I normally do it when fumbling with the a/c controls.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65