2017 Ecoboost 56k miles ticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RescueF250

Reaction score
Ok so whats with this ticking noise in the eco boost ? Common problem, issue, normal ?

Diesels type writer tick is normal but we didnt have this issues before when we bought it, its becoming pretty pronounced now.

TxOutlaw

Reaction score
Passenger side floorboard area? Usually passenger side exhaust manifold... I have a leak on my 2010 5.4... Annoying.

Could also be a vacuum hose disconnected somewhere...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok so whats with this ticking noise in the eco boost ? Common problem, issue, normal ?

Diesels type writer tick is normal but we didnt have this issues before when we bought it, its becoming pretty pronounced now.

Hey Kev!

Does it do it all the time? When Cold/Hot?

If you go above idle does it go away?

Last time the oil was changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Kev!

Does it do it all the time? When Cold/Hot?

If you go above idle does it go away?

Last time the oil was changed?

Also - what viscosity oil is being used? What type of oil filter. Is the oil level correct?

I own a 2015 Expediton Limited 4x4. Twice, the selling dealer’s “factory trained technicians” installed 5W20 oil in my engine (customer pay) and I had to make them change it and install the correct 5W30.

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This being my 1st Turbo v-6, I had no idea what it was supposed to sound like. I thought mine was ticking loudly at idle. Then my neighbor had his civic si idling next to mine while cleaning off snow and it sounds nearly the same.

I wrote it off to a modern engine sound.

If it's a problem, it'll get worse and have to be addressed. In the 20,000 miles since I noticed, it sounds the same and runs the same.

Because of IWE issues with a friends F-150 they never could fix and issues discussed on this forum I purchased the Ford extended warranty for help if something fails. That keeps my paranoia at bay while reading the forums.

Last edited:

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
'17 w/ 60K miles, no ticking. Oil is always clean, truck on the other hand is nearly always dirty. It was a plus, plus that they washed it when it was in the Truck hospital a couple of weeks ago!

jeff

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think the OP’s issue is that it has gotten worse.

OP
OP
RescueF250

RescueF250

Reaction score
Ill try and get a video to you Ray. Lol just got home from shift work. I know the common injection tick but i never noticed this before, we have had it less then 10k miles so

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ill try and get a video to you Ray. Lol just got home from shift work. I know the common injection tick but i never noticed this before, we have had it less then 10k miles so

10-4 Brother! Keeping people safe and family come first. Upload the video or send it my way once you get it.

FYI - Kevin used to own a Diesel Performance Shop. He used to do all of the big work on my 250. He is new to the EcoBoost world. The Expy is his wife’s ride. Hopefully we can point him in the right direction.