2017 Expedition EL - first, last, only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elizabeth

Reaction score
Bought my first Ford in November, brand new Expedition EL. I've had 14 Chevrolets over the past 23 years, and decided to give Ford a try this time. Based on Ford's customer service, this will be my first, last, and only Ford. I've liked the car, but won't deal with warranty issues with Ford. Have NEVER experienced problems with Chevrolet, so will probably sell this one and go back to Chevy. Here's the problem.....on the passenger's door, there's a leather panel below the hard-plastic window sill. About a month ago, a slit appeared in the leather, right on the edge. It exactly follows the line of the hard backer board behind it, so was either cut short or was tucked in too tight, but it ripped. Took it to our dealer, who took a picture and said it was up to Ford to determine if it would be covered under warranty or not. Ford denied it, and thought I should pay for the repair. I had just given them over $60k a few months earlier for the car, and it obviously is a problem with the way it was put together. The dealer tried to fix it by putting some plastic looking paint on it, but it looks terrible. Was on the phone with Ford for over an hour today, and they still refuse to cover the fix. In my opinion, the panel should have been replaced by the dealer, and I never should have had to deal with all of this garbage. Guess I'll go back to Chevy or maybe try another brand. One thing I know, I'm not going to buy another Ford if this is the way they handle warranty work!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They're stingy, but just buy the dang thing if it bothers you so.

I'm guessing they think you damaged it yourself.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a Ford Customer Service thread on here. Give them a try and have all your ducks in a row. After that head to another brand if it isn't resolved to your satisfaction.

OP
OP
E

Elizabeth

Reaction score
Yes, it seems they think maybe I did it somehow, which is impossible given the position of the tear. Thanks for the advice, I'll check out the customer service thread.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Post a picture.

I don't necessarily subscribe to the concept of spent equals entitled. The owner of a $13K Fiesta has a warranty covering manufacturing defects that is completely equal to yours, regardless of your investment. Either its a defect or its not.

Dealerships live and breathe warranty work, Chevy included. So if they aren't pushing the issue, makes one wonder.