2017 Expedition EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abnmike

Reaction score
New member with new to me black Expedition EL Limited with 144k miles.

Hello from central SC.

Been on the lookout for something to replace my Grand Caravan which I never liked. Wanted ability to carry sheets of plywood without removing seats and carry wife, two small kids, two dogs, and the kitchen sink every time we travel. Also wanted the option of being able to tow pretty much any trailer.

Looked at Excursions, Suburbans, etc and liked the Expedition. Spent weeks looking for one with records and HD tow and finally found this one.

Carfax listed 20+ service records including coolant flushes, water pump replacement, regular oil changes, brakes, plugs, etc.

I did the transmission drain and fill, added Canvasback cargo liner and an EZ Rec Rack HD for my canoes.

Have put a few hundred miles on already and love it.

Even averaging 18.4 mpg!

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did the transmission drain and fill, added Canvasback cargo liner and an EZ Rec Rack HD for my canoes.
If you are a DIYer, this forum is full of good info on your 3rd gen Expy care, maintenance and upgrades
Before you buy a expensive scanner check out FORScan (there is a whole section on it) read first sticky post at top of FORScan section to learn about it.
Engine catch can for your 1st gen EcoBoost and many more important maintenance tips for long life of that engine. Also information on tunes to help with MPG, towing, peace of mind at stoplight...

Upgrades, breakdowns, finding out everyone had the same problem or worse you are the only one with that problem, getting help/advice/opinions of other members,

Welcome to the forum