2017 Expedition Limited New Mud Flaps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have to drill holes for either the Weathertech or Husky mudflaps?

Husky - you have to drill a hole for the rear mud flaps (I have the fixed running boards, so the front ones fit perfect. I'll try to take a pic when it stops raining here.

OP
OP
barrydu4

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the Weathertech you will use the same screw holes that are there. Very easy to install.

kekman

Reaction score
Hi Guys- new member. Just bought a Certified Pre-owned 2017 Limited in great condition. First thing I did was install Weathertech mudflaps. Took 15 minutes to do all 4. Simple. Look decent. I do not think they extend far enough down. I manage a large fleet of trailers in North America and mudflaps is basic stuff to figure out. The Weathertech work with the power fold runners. You have to be careful with which Huskey you order as one style does not. My main reason was to protech the power fold runner motor behind the front wheel well. It will be close- If not, I will extend then.

I went with Weathertech as I ordered floor mats for all three rows, bug screen, and mudflaps all at one time. Hope this helps

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys- new member. Just bought a Certified Pre-owned 2017 Limited in great condition. First thing I did was install Weathertech mudflaps. Took 15 minutes to do all 4. Simple. Look decent. I do not think they extend far enough down. I manage a large fleet of trailers in North America and mudflaps is basic stuff to figure out. The Weathertech work with the power fold runners. You have to be careful with which Huskey you order as one style does not. My main reason was to protech the power fold runner motor behind the front wheel well. It will be close- If not, I will extend then.

I went with Weathertech as I ordered floor mats for all three rows, bug screen, and mudflaps all at one time. Hope this helps
Welcome to the forum kekman! Congratulations on your new to you truck!. I've had mine a year and a month now. I'm very happy with it.

You'll have to post pictures when you get a chance.

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No problem Edward. I have a 2017 Ford Expedition Limited with the power running boards. For my Expedition the numbers are Front: 110071 and the rear is 120071. They fit perfectly and was no trouble to install. I hope this helps.
I went to install these same Weathertech part number mudflaps on my standard length 2017 Expedition Limited with power running boards and neither front nor back fit. The fronts had a clip that was part of the mudflap and instructions say to slide it on the deflector inside the fender, however the clip is not designed to go around the curled bottom fiber deflector and really does not seem to have the profile to fit without cutting the deflector and other "surgery". The back mudflaps predrilled holes are way off the centers of the existing holes in the fenders. Neither front or rear mudflaps have the quick connects Weathertech talks about so much so you have to use the existing hardware and fender holes.
I hope to hear from Weathertech tomorrow. I believe the truck was built 2/6/17 and VIN ends with 54264. I have a feeling Ford may have made a running change to the fender assemblies mid year or so?

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went to install these same Weathertech part number mudflaps on my standard length 2017 Expedition Limited with power running boards and neither front nor back fit. The fronts had a clip that was part of the mudflap and instructions say to slide it on the deflector inside the fender, however the clip is not designed to go around the curled bottom fiber deflector and really does not seem to have the profile to fit without cutting the deflector and other "surgery". The back mudflaps predrilled holes are way off the centers of the existing holes in the fenders. Neither front or rear mudflaps have the quick connects Weathertech talks about so much so you have to use the existing hardware and fender holes.
I hope to hear from Weathertech tomorrow. I believe the truck was built 2/6/17 and VIN ends with 54264. I have a feeling Ford may have made a running change to the fender assemblies mid year or so?
In any event, after checking with Weathertech, somewhere in the literature the numbers were reversed, I believe, and I mistakenly tried to put the rear mudflaps on the front and vice versa. In any event just to correct my earlier comments, flaps fit perfectly where they were designed to go thanks to Weathertech showing me my error!