2017 Expedition Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
two tone breaks up the Slab side look and tends to optically make the vehicle look smaller.

i prefer two tones.
my 92 was two tone

92 f250 and boat.jpg

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And if you want to convert to 2nd row buckets down the line, the center section seat in the middle row unbolts with 7 bolts and can be removed. I did this to my 17 to allow the kiddos easier access to the 3rd row. I just covered up the holes in the carpet and bought custom cut carpets for the Captains chairs model to completely cover the floor.

OP
OP
ltharley

ltharley

Reaction score
Coolzzy, Good to know. I really wanted the buckets but had to take best value. I'll check it out.

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yah you can't add armrests but the kids don't care. It will expose a few big portions of the metal floor when the seat is removed. I cut up one of the second row floor mats and slipped the pieces underneath the existing carpet to cover the exposed metal. You'll have to screw the bolts back in because the holes go straight through the floor and you'll want to keep them sealed. Then I ordered the carpet kit on ebay for the bucket seat version of the truck and you'd never know. Best part is I can put the middle seat back in if more seating is needed.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Should be lots of information on this conversion here as guys have been doing this since 2007 when the first Gen3 trucks came out. I know I posted some photos which I imagine are still here albeit buried under 10 years of debris.

You can fit arm rests and there is/was a suitable carpet cover for where the seat tracks bolt in.

-- Chuck

OP
OP
ltharley

ltharley

Reaction score
Thanks Chuck, we have the buckets in our 04 Eddie Bauer and love them. I'll look into the past posts.
Dennis

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys, if you remove your middle 2nd row seat, not only must you put the bolts back in the holes, there is also an EXTRA hole plugged by the seat that is open to the outside world once the seat is removed. This must be plugged as well or it will let in fumes and vermin. Trust me, I learned about this the hard way!

BTW, one of the nicest things about the Platinum model is the leather on the seats. It's a "premium" leather which I believe is the same as what was used on the Navigator. It definitely feels more plush and comfortable than the leather that comes in the Limited and loaded XLT models. The KR leather is probably thicker and it has a different feel. I'd consider it more "heavy duty." But, the Platinum leather feels truly luxurious to me.

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 2017 Limited has been great on our annual Summer "retreat to the mountains" from our Gulf Coast home (Mobile Bay). Swapped our GMC Acadia (had 2 over 10 years) for Limited and as we are staying at Sugar Top Resort (on top of Sugar Mountain NC) we are climbing (and descending daily) up to 5500' elevation of condo. As I burnt up the brakes on the Acadia last year (smoke billowing out of wheel wells) from the hills I am now actively using Limited's gearbox which is useful in reducing braking on this 3 ton porker (Acadia was perhaps 1/2 ton less), as well as keeping the rpm's up while climbing the hills as the Ford 6 speed trans tends to try to stay in highest possible gear and loaf up the hills which does not work at all-better to keep the engine speed up a bit!
So far so good on Limited, I was ready to leave GM behind anyway, their attitude on mandatory STOP/START non defeatable systems irritated me a bunch and GM dealer acted as if he could care less what I bought (though Service Dept was great).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gagez