2017 Ford Expedition Electrical Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could you clarify what this means? Are you saying that they are bad or good?
Sure, Ford puts them out when there are problems with a vehicle in an attempt to fix things. There have been a couple of TSB's having to do with the Sync system and 14 other items in my 2021 KR and other Ford products. There have been a bunch of downloads as well, the latest yesterday that seems to have after 2 1/2 months gotten the travel link in my truck working. So imo they are a good thing. ymmv

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Fastcar What do you think is the best way for me to apply these?
I used this for the downloads, help.ford.com enter your VIN# follow the instructions provided. I tried to download OTA and it is slow as hell. I was told by Rob6805 to download to a USB and apply that way, much quicker. You might want to reach out to him as he helped me through it.
The TSB can be found online or at your dealer.

OP
OP
C

Charles M

Reaction score
@Fastcar Great I will do that. Assume I just use one of the USB ports in my center console.

Also, they indicated that it was a failing ACM module (Audio Control Module) which is covered under warranty. Part should be in today and I will take the vehicle in this afternoon and have back tomorrow. We will see.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Fastcar Great I will do that. Assume I just use one of the USB ports in my center console.

Also, they indicated that it was a failing ACM module (Audio Control Module) which is covered under warranty. Part should be in today and I will take the vehicle in this afternoon and have back tomorrow. We will see.
Oh boy, this sounds familiar. Your dealer should be able to apply all relevant downloads when it is there. Tell them to do it.
Gotta ask, does your travel lnk work?

OP
OP
C

Charles M

Reaction score
Update. Got a call from the Dealer, they are having issues now and think it may be something else besides ACM. They said they have two Tech's on it with meters and a lot of stuff pulled apart and they cannot figure out way the problem is happening. They are not sure what to do and not sure when I would get the vehicle back.

GeoPaw

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Expedition that just started giving me a “USB device is drawing too much power. Please remove“. There was nothing plugged in to a USB port and now nothing works except the radio. The Sync system is completely dead. I did resets and checked all the fuses and even re-placed the USB module with a new one and nothing works. Taking it to the dealer in a few weeks. They’ve got a three week backlog right now.