2017 King Ranch EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironbutt1345

Reaction score
Hello all! I have A 2017 King Ranch EL with 54xxx miles. So far we’re loving it, got it to haul boats and grandkids lol! Interesting story, I got pulled over in the pre dawn darkness for no taillights. Guy was cool and said to just put flashers on until the sun came up! Anyway, I checked and the fuse was blown, so I replaced it, and it blew immediately when I turned the lights on. That being the limit of my automotive electrical expertise, I scheduled a dealer service . They kept it for 3 hours, didn’t fix it, and told me I would have to reschedule and that it would be anywhere from $400-$1000 just to find the problem. I don’t think so. I went with a recommended local shop who fixed it for $200! Turns out there was a major short in the wiring by the amplifier, really nasty looking. Other than that, no issues, looking forward to many more miles. I do have an extended warranty until 120,000 miles which, hopefully, I’ll never need !

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all! I have A 2017 King Ranch EL with 54xxx miles. So far we’re loving it, got it to haul boats and grandkids lol! Interesting story, I got pulled over in the pre dawn darkness for no taillights. Guy was cool and said to just put flashers on until the sun came up! Anyway, I checked and the fuse was blown, so I replaced it, and it blew immediately when I turned the lights on. That being the limit of my automotive electrical expertise, I scheduled a dealer service . They kept it for 3 hours, didn’t fix it, and told me I would have to reschedule and that it would be anywhere from $400-$1000 just to find the problem. I don’t think so. I went with a recommended local shop who fixed it for $200! Turns out there was a major short in the wiring by the amplifier, really nasty looking. Other than that, no issues, looking forward to many more miles. I do have an extended warranty until 120,000 miles which, hopefully, I’ll never need !

Didn’t your extended warranty cover electrical issues and shorts?