2017 Rear Wiper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
17LimitedExpy

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2016 and the Trico does not work.
Is it possible to put the arm from a 15 on the 16 so the Trico will work?
As mentioned above the end caps fall off the newer beam style rendering the wiper useless.

You may be able to swap the actual rear wiper arms, but it's just easier to order the WW1614 and keep everything original. Eventually the AutoZones and Advance Auto Parts of the world will catch up to the 2016 and newer Expys.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may be able to swap the actual rear wiper arms, but it's just easier to order the WW1614 and keep everything original. Eventually the AutoZones and Advance Auto Parts of the world will catch up to the 2016 and newer Expys.

Maybe, maybe not.
If the 18s and above continue to use it blade makers might start making it.
If not we may get lucky if a company decides to make a wiper for a something that is only used on a model year and a half.

Other issue is design. I already mentioned the caps pop off rendering them useless. Though the dab of silicone suggested is a good idea.
I still prefer a multipoint blade to the single point beam style.

OP
OP
17LimitedExpy

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not.
If the 18s and above continue to use it blade makers might start making it.
If not we may get lucky if a company decides to make a wiper for a something that is only used on a model year and a half.

Other issue is design. I already mentioned the caps pop off rendering them useless. Though the dab of silicone suggested is a good idea.
I still prefer a multipoint blade to the single point beam style.

Sounds like you have a good plan to personalize your vehicle.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2016 and the Trico does not work.
Is it possible to put the arm from a 15 on the 16 so the Trico will work?
As mentioned above the end caps fall off the newer beam style rendering the wiper useless.
As long as it fits on the motor shaft you can put any arm on it.

Thats a super-secret trick to avoid paying $30 for a wiper instead of $5.

"I don't need your new and improved wiper"

And I always buy my replacements an inch or two longer than original, as long as they don't clack each other or run off the windshield on the sides. I'm always amazed at how much more you can see with that extra inch or two. Rain-X is a miracle juice, btw.

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I actually broke the OEM wiper arm trying to remove the blade from my MY16. I bought the listed Motorcraft blade and followed the directions. (twist counter clockwise to remove they said...lies)

Probably not hard to imagine that I was cursing the Ford engineer who designed the thing...so I replaced it with a metal arm and a Bosch Icon wiper. This new arm has the "hook" style connector and not that plastic snap on thing.

Bonus that I can use a Bosch Icon on the back now as well, matches the front blades I use and I swear by them.

Here's the arm I bought...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010DPB00/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's the Bosch Icon blade that fits
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F9VNEWQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am probably going to replace the arm with the one from 3rd Gen updated arm that swings out so you can clean the glass. The rear wiper transmission is the same on all 3rd Gen models P/N 9L1Z-17C426-A, so you can put the previous style wiper arm on it if you want to. That is what I plan to do when it is time to change the wiper blade.

This is the arm I put on my 05 that came from a 3rd Gen.

IMG_4910.JPG

OP
OP
17LimitedExpy

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That would make it much easier to clean the rear window, and I see this arm and the blade is on Amazon for only $17 for the set...great price.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi all - first post here. We just bought our 2016 EL Limited in November last year, and my rear wiper blade blew up when I was washing it the other week. The problem is the connector on the end of my wiper arm also broke off, and I needed to replace the blade and the arm too. So I ordered a new blade, and also a new arm... here is the arm:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031C69A4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but the problem is the hole where it mounts to the motor shaft has no brass insert with splines, as did the one that I'm replacing. So when I installed, it just slips on the shaft when it runs (even with the nut really tight). Since the end of the motor's shaft is splined and tapered - shouldn't the arm also have a tapered female splined insert? I've searched all over for another arm that has the brass insert, but have found nothing. What am I missing? Thanks guys!

Reaction score
Try this one...it’s working fine on my 17.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010DPB00/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can use any 16” or 17” j-hook wiper blade.

Thanks for the reply. I like that I then have more options on the blade this way. Do you know if the mounting hole on this arm (for the motor shaft) has a tapered brass metal insert with splines? I guess there's no harm in trying it, but what gives with the Ford part (the one I ordered) having a smooth bore with nothing for the splined shaft to engage with? The one that came off clearly had a tapered brass insert.