2017 Rear Wiper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
17LimitedExpy

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I like that I then have more options on the blade this way. Do you know if the mounting hole on this arm (for the motor shaft) has a tapered brass metal insert with splines? I guess there's no harm in trying it, but what gives with the Ford part (the one I ordered) having a smooth bore with nothing for the splined shaft to engage with? The one that came off clearly had a tapered brass insert.

The Dorman arm from Amazon comes with a tapered brass insert that is smooth. Once you install it and tighten down the nut, the metal splines from the Expy mount form a very tight connection with the brass insert on the wiper arm. It's easy to install and has held up well...and it is flexible/moves enough to easily lift the wiper blade from the back window to make cleaning very easy...something you can't do with the stock wiper arm.

Reaction score
Ah okay - even any tapered one should work better as the motor shaft is also tapered (and splined). I can't imagine how the one I have on there now is supposed to keep from slipping on the shaft without being either tapered or splined. I mean it's on there tight but...

Stotadude

Reaction score
Hey 17LimitedExpy, I saw your reply above about using a more generic rear wiper arm and "regular" 16" wiper refills. I have a 2017 Limited Expedition and would like to replace the rear wiper refill, but I can find no help with "how-to" video. I took off the rear blade assembly and tried to disassemble it without breaking it but decided it was not intended to be refillable. I would be very interested in getting the wiper arm you referenced from Amazon if in fact it will go on my Expy with no mounting issues.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As long as it fits on the motor shaft you can put any arm on it.

Thats a super-secret trick to avoid paying $30 for a wiper instead of $5.

"I don't need your new and improved wiper"

And I always buy my replacements an inch or two longer than original, as long as they don't clack each other or run off the windshield on the sides. I'm always amazed at how much more you can see with that extra inch or two. Rain-X is a miracle juice, btw.

Today, a Motorcraft rear OEM wiper #WW1614 is listed on EBay for $13.98 USD, including shipping.

Where do you buy the wiper for $30?

OP
OP
17LimitedExpy

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey 17LimitedExpy, I saw your reply above about using a more generic rear wiper arm and "regular" 16" wiper refills. I have a 2017 Limited Expedition and would like to replace the rear wiper refill, but I can find no help with "how-to" video. I took off the rear blade assembly and tried to disassemble it without breaking it but decided it was not intended to be refillable. I would be very interested in getting the wiper arm you referenced from Amazon if in fact it will go on my Expy with no mounting issues.

Look at this one, it’s working great on my 17 and I’ve been through the car wash multiple times with no issues.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product...age_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=viglink23361-20