2018 expedition jump seat install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott482

Reaction score
2018 expedition max platinum, bought this about 2 years ago and the dealer had put in weather tech floor mats front to back with the 2nd row jump seat just sitting in the very back. Went to throw the jump seat in and found the floor mats the pass through to the 3rd row isn’t very flexible to maneuver the jump seat in. So my quick question is are you guys with weather tech mats that pass through to the 3rd row just bending the mat up to expose the bolt holes or what? Would rather not have to buy another set of floor mats, worst comes to worst I will trim them and just never take the jump seat out haha.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are lots of different floor mat configurations available. This is the 3rd row mat I have which works fine with the 40/20/42 2nd row seats.Screenshot (53).png

APExpo

Reaction score
So it sounds like the previous owner removed the middle seat and used floor mats meant for captains chairs to cover the holes in the floor. I did that as well.

I’m surprised they traded it in without putting the seat back in and that the dealership sold it that way, but people are nothing if not lazy.

Anyway, you’ll likely need to either modify (cut) the existing floor mat, or buy the ones meant for a bench seat.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Jump seat? Center seat in the 2d row?

I don't use my 3d row seating enough to fit floor mats way back there but those in the 1st and 2d rows seem easy enough to cut so any mounting holes are available. I think they're Husky's -- moved them from my '07 to the '17 and they're still good. I also "think" the seat bolt holes go all the way thru the floor so they need to be filled if removed and vv.

-- Chuck

OP
OP
S

scott482

Reaction score
For some reason I never got notifications for these reply’s, thanks for all the input, instead of buying new ones I just trimmed small holes for the mounting brackets.