Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mark newman

Reaction score
It does happen while coasting while over 25mph. and it does happen in neutral. I like your GoPro idea, it may be the only way to find the source, since probing while driving is not an option.

Matt23

Reaction score
I took the service manager for a ride and he agreed that it wasn’t right. They inspected the rear diff and determined it needed to be rebuilt. It was in the shop for about a week but it has been great ever since it was repaired.

Williamb97

Reaction score
We got our 2015 Expedition back today. Had been in shop for almost a month with whining noise while accelerating. They said Ford sent out some information about the Electronic Control Module causing this by way it was mounted. I did not get to see the Ford information. Main thing it is fixed now.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys, I have been experiencing a drivetrain whine when going over 60 mph in hot weather. Disappears when I am off throttle. Vehicle in 2wd and putting in 4wd doesn’t affect the noise. So I’m thinking it is rear diff.

It is not as audible as in the video above but my wife and kids can Clearly hear it.

problem is that the dealer tech will not hear It since it start after at least 30 minutes of driving And only at high speeds :(

anybody else experiencing this?

Reaction score
Hi, SOliyou did you ever figure out what the higher pitch whine you were experiencing was? I have the same thing. At 40-60mph, when I have my foot off the pedal, no noise at all. But as soon as I give it a little gas, there is a high pitch whining noise.

tyun777

Reaction score
I also have the same whining noise. I hear it at all speeds and temp but only when I press the gas and the rpm is around 1500-2000 rpm. I don’t hear it at the higher rpm or if I press the gas “hard”. I am going to take my expy in next week to see if dealer thinks this is normal or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmanater

Reaction score
Did anyone find a resolution ? On my 2020 Limited RWD, have this same issue of a high pitched whine only on acceleration after 45mph or more. RPMs are in the 1500-2500 usually.