2018 expedition wheel bearing noise/blinker issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My driver side front wheel bearing went bad at 49k miles. Didn’t think much of the noise at first. I assumed it was uneven tire wear. Was replaced under warranty at 57k miles. I have a 2018 Platinum 4WD. In retrospect, I’m glad it didn’t fail with all four kids in the car. Could have locked up the wheel at highway speeds.

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shoot, our Expedition has been making lots of noise, I assumed it was the tires, but it may be the damned front wheel bearings.. I better get it checked out.. Covered under extended warranty?? (just turned 40k miles)

ptam16

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2018 limited and the noise and vibration has started at 51k miles. I see most have had it repaired under warranty, but is that the standard power train warranty?

A quick look at the power train warranty and it includes driveline repairs including wheel bearings. Anyone experience pushback from the dealer?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had both my front wheel bearings replaced before 50k so I’m not surprised reading about yalls replacements. At least I’ll get my money worth out of my extended warranty.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine was covered under leasecare (I'm under a lease, which I've extended. Ford automatically extends your warranty with a lease). No issues since it was replaced.

ptam16

Reaction score
Good luck.

I’m going to give Ford a call and schedule a service appointment. Hopefully it’s covered under the standard powertrain warranty. Unfortunately, I don’t have an extended warranty. Ford Nanuet has been booked SOLID lately.

Mlarv

Reaction score
The blinker issue. Is this new to you? If so somebody put LED lights into a standard bulb socket. Forscan can turn off the Hyper flash.

ptam16

Reaction score
Reached out to a few Ford service departments near Rockland County and the only available times are at the end of December. There’s no way I can comfortably drive for a month without the fear of it failing in me.

Might as well order the part and just do it myself at this point.

RubyredExpe

Reaction score
Thanks to these forums I was able to figure out my hum in the driver front wheel, bad bearing. I have a 2018 limited max 4x4 with 51k miles. No issues with the dealership fixing it under the factory power train warranty. The technician even heard a noise coming from the passenger side after fixing the driver side and replaced that bearing as well. 1.5 day turnaround and even gave us a rental for free. Thanks for posting your issue, it helped me out.