2018 limited 4wd Chrome trim issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
I just bought what I'd consider a unicorn build being it was the only 1 in the country that was a blue limited 4wd with a sunroof and loaded to the sky with everything....

Super nice car, but within owning it for 24hrs:

I noticed an odd screeching/ buzzing noise from underneath the car and it slowly cracked in and out til it fadded away.

It has a hard front left steering pull when in sport mode 4wd.

The passanger light and fender have misalignment.

Then the biggest of all.... when looking closely at ALL THE CHROME( all window trim, electric step trim, roof rail, rear trim, and the rear expedition chrome plaque) has small chrome pitting all throughout.

I took it to the dealer to address with having less than 40miles on the clock.

While there they verified everything, and upon further inspection of ALL the expeditions on the lot... all the chrome trim regardless of model has chrome pitting. This included the 87k platinum max whoch even had pitting on the chrome mirror covers.

They'e currently addressing and replacing all the issues, but inspect you chrome trim closely as this is likely a major supplier defect many over look.

I paid $75k out the door for mine and there's no reason for this type of defect on such a high dollar vehicle, and one that's brand new.

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take it all off ands have it painted to match or black it out. It'll look better.

I'm picking up mine this weekend and will look closely. Thanks for the heads up.

Where is the dealership located that had this issue?

@Yukon Joe

OP
OP
Blackscreen67

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Take it all off ands have it painted to match or black it out. It'll look better.

I'm picking up mine this weekend and will look closely. Thanks for the heads up.

@Yukon Joe

Houston, but my bet is it's a much larger issue.

The problem is it's easy to ignore spots that look like dirt.... yet any rust is just a time bomb.

18-FX4-GUY

Full Access Members
Reaction score

@Yukon Joe
Yukon is there a vid or diagram how to take it all off I want to black out all my chrome.

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for this. Picking mine up in an hour. Will look at the chrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@blckscreen67
Perhaps the dealer used some harsh cleaners on their vehicles? I've seen it at other dealers. Not the Chrome pitting, but using harsh cleaners that have caused damage.
9c31970caff3f5546de98037dae98825.jpg

@Yukon Joe

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@Yukon Joe

You didn't just keep the one they paid you $100 to test drive?

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, that was a limited, non max. We certainly need the max, and I wanted the fx4. Excited to be getting it Saturday. Gotta drive 4 hours to pick it up. I'll be doing dealer lot picks, don't worry lol.

@Yukon Joe

Nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk