2018 limited 4wd Chrome trim issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zarga

Reaction score
I have a nice sized rock ding on my passenger mirror chrome, and was quoted $98 (plus labor) to replacement it. I'm at 12500 miles and 8 months of ownership, so constant replacement could get pricey.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Weird, and it won’t wipe off? I’ve had similar spots on the chrome on my steering wheel from sneezing...
lol, sneezing...

No, they will not wipe off. They were there since the day I picked up the vehicle and won't rub off.

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's such a cop out. It isn't too much to ask that Ford manufacture their cosmetic trim correctly. Every other manufacturer including Kia manages it somehow. Now if it turns out to be caused by idiot detailers at the dealership, well then hang 'em high.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is not an Italian exotic - it is a ford - use it and enjoy it - picky **
It’s not picky to expect a spanking brand new car to meet certain expectations. Even if it is a Ford it should look new and have chrome trim without pitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Blackscreen67

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
It is not an Italian exotic - it is a ford - use it and enjoy it - picky **

Your right, if it were an Italian exotic it would be completely no functional and useless to me.

I've got a 2014 BMW X6M and an 2007 Ram 3500 Diesel dually........ neither of which have chrome pitting issues. And this is taking into account the fact Dodge's are known for having horrible paint and finishes.

This is a major manufacturer supplier issue that I promise you will end up being recalled.

Not to mention the passenger side fender piece and headlight had about a 1/4 in misalignment compared to the drivers side.

Again, this is not a hugely noticeable issue yet still not acceptable on a vehicle that cost over $70k.

I made the dealer fix all the pitting they claimed was rail dust even though it was ONLY on the chrome trim, and they lined of the fender and light beautifully. Was supposed to take home today, but there was a recalled released yesterday so just left it for them to address.

Last edited by a moderator: