2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really like those rims.. are they 20s from a f150? I haven't seen any with that combo... I was thinking of getting a black set and was worried about fit and rear axle...

While they have the same look as the F150 20" wheels, they are a specific part number for the Expedition that accommodates the longer rear half shafts on the Expedition. If you buy the F150 version, you'll have to cut the half shafts off if you want to use the center caps. I bought a set of the Expedition XLT 20" wheels for snow tires and had them PVD Black Chromed (see attached link).

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/new-snow-tires-and-winter-wheels.38309/

O5111

Reaction score
I really like those rims.. are they 20s from a f150? I haven't seen any with that combo... I was thinking of getting a black set and was worried about fit and rear axle...
I have those same wheel sitting in my garage. They came in the wife’s 2018, but within a week we put new rims on it.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
a0b800608281aee1233f08d05c45e337.jpg
The Expi allows us to drive through the river to the other side...so we don’t have to sit with all the other yahoos. Sorry it’s so far away, I was walking back to the family from my fishing spot when I took the pic.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
a0b800608281aee1233f08d05c45e337.jpg
The Expi allows us to drive through the river to the other side...so we don’t have to sit with all the other yahoos. Sorry it’s so far away, I was walking back to the family from my fishing spot when I took the pic.
That's awesome! I love it! Thanks for sharing. How deep was the wading?

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The river is down this year. It makes it about 3/4 of the way up the wheels.
just so long as you don’t forget to have your front and rear differential fluids changed. There’s a little hole in the differentials through which water can enter.... Some manufacturers like Jeep and Land Rover will run a tube from the differential to higher ground to avoid this annoyance. My old school Cherokee the rear tube ran to behind the rear taillight assembly....

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just so long as you don’t forget to have your front and rear differential fluids changed. There’s a little hole in the differentials through which water can enter.... Some manufacturers like Jeep and Land Rover will run a tube from the differential to higher ground to avoid this annoyance. My old school Cherokee the rear tube ran to behind the rear taillight assembly....

So there's not an existing breather tube as stock? My old Tacoma had a breather tube with a little check valve, so it would release pressure, but not allow water back in. I'll have to check my Expy more closely when changing oil next time. Might be an opportunity for an easy mod if there's a way to attach a fitting and run some clear tubing to a higher point on the body.