2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like the only thing that will make you happy is an old suburban! there are forums for those!! here you go. https://ck5.com/forums/

there is NO vehicle that offers what you are wanting out right now. there would be a VERY LIMITED MARKET for it. you are wanting a hardcore offroader with aftermarket style underbody protection, 12" + ground clearance and 7 passengers comfortably!!!! LOL.

Toyota 4Runner TRD and LandCruiser are both modern capable off roaders in a largeish SUV. The Bronco is coming guys, for those who want an off roader from ford this will be your truck in 2020 they listened!

Our trucks are a bit to long for any serious off roading.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I kinda chuckle reading all of this about "serious" off roading. I'll take my Expedition up just about any dirt road but it's waaaaaay too long to do anything crazy.

It'll pull my RZR trailer up to the fun stuff just fine, though. :)

Here is a good laugh, long wheelbase problems. He actually gets out at the end.

Last edited:

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Better tires would have helped but lmao.

RIP that rear differential too, it's probably FULL of water.
I'm going to hazard a guess the Expedition's rear (and front) differential vent doesn't have the little tube up to the tail lamp assembly to prevent water intrusion. Like the one in my XJ Cherokee...

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope, it's in the manual, if you submerge either diff in water you're supposed to drain and refill it. That sucker's hosed.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Toyota 4Runner TRD and LandCruiser are both modern capable off roaders in a largeish SUV. The Bronco is coming guys, for those who want an off roader from ford this will be your truck in 2020 they listened!

Our trucks are a bit to long for any serious off roading.
4Runner has no 3rd row and land cruiser 3rd row is same or less than Explorer. There really is no vehicle that can compete apples to apples against the Expedition, Navi, Suburban, Yukon. Of which the Ford variants are CLEARLY the winners in every aspect except styling which is too subjective to declare a winner.

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, it's in the manual, if you submerge either diff in water you're supposed to drain and refill it. That sucker's hosed.

So the Expy in that video clearly had its diff dunked big time. But what if you just drive through a large puddle of water, like after a major storm or small flood. I'm not talking like a pond or anything but something where the water goes up to the middle of the diff but only for a few seconds? Drain and refill?

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not talking like a pond or anything but something where the water goes up to the middle of the diff but only for a few seconds? Drain and refill?
The manual says completely submerged, middle of the diff should be fine.

There’s a small vent hose that comes out the top and angles down and hangs out about axle level, it will keep spray and water out as long as it’s not completely submerged, in which case it behaves no different than a hole on top of the case. The hose is there to keep spray and drips from the body out.