2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They must all be out driving and enjoying their new trucks! That's why no pics :(

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's my rig!

View attachment 23193

Grrrr...
How did you pull up that info? My wife has done most of the legwork since I have been busy lately. She said our dealer told her you cannot track until the build has started. Is that correct? When it does, hopefully on time Jan 15th, how do we track it’s status?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
why did you not use the latch system to buckle them in? you know, that impedes the tilt and slide.
Using the seat belt is the preferred method with this particular car seat, but I think I’m going to switch to the LATCH since it has both. I think this is the preferred method because the seat weighs a flipping ton! The LATCH weight limit for the child is 30lbs rear facing and ours is 23 so I can still use LATCH. I would rather use LATCH to be honest because it’s easier in the Navigator vs our last car because in our old car the latch for the LATCH was buried way down in the seat and impossible to find so we just got used to using the seat belt. I wonder what type of collision it would take to make the entire seat with child and car seat come lose and fly around the cabin.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Using the seat belt is the preferred method with this particular car seat, but I think I’m going to switch to the LATCH since it has both. I think this is the preferred method because the seat weighs a flipping ton! The LATCH weight limit for the child is 30lbs rear facing and ours is 23 so I can still use LATCH. I would rather use LATCH to be honest because it’s easier in the Navigator vs our last car because in our old car the latch for the LATCH was buried way down in the seat and impossible to find so we just got used to using the seat belt. I wonder what type of collision it would take to make the entire seat with child and car seat come lose and fly around the cabin.
No manufacturer recommends a seatbelt as the primary go to system for securing a car seat, especially rear facing... do your family a favor and use the latch. As a firefighter, I’ve seen too many improperly installed safety seats like this one you have pictured. Latch system and tighten that thing down so there’s no way it’s gonna move. A property installed car seat will leave marks in your seats just fyi

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No manufacturer recommends a seatbelt as the primary go to system for securing a car seat, especially rear facing... do your family a favor and use the latch. As a firefighter, I’ve seen too many improperly installed safety seats like this one you have pictured. Latch system and tighten that thing down so there’s no way it’s gonna move. A property installed car seat will leave marks in your seats just fyi
I’m already looking for seat protectors to keep any marking and leather stretching to a minimum. Here is a picture from the car seat manual stating the seat belt as the preferred method. Britax Advocate ClickTight.0E5EA51F-D82F-4040-B8B7-4C736DA34A20.jpeg