2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like my kind of fun! Now go change the fluid in your front and rear differentials, because they're full of water. Seriously, there's holes in the top of the differential and if you submerge the differentials, water will enter through the holes. (Vehicles specifically designed for fording some-what deep crossings, like my old jeep, run vent lines from the differentials to places higher up, like the tail lamp assemblies...)
I wonder if there’s a kit to reroute the vents.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like my kind of fun! Now go change the fluid in your front and rear differentials, because they're full of water. Seriously, there's holes in the top of the differential and if you submerge the differentials, water will enter through the holes. (Vehicles specifically designed for fording some-what deep crossings, like my old jeep, run vent lines from the differentials to places higher up, like the tail lamp assemblies...)
I called the dealer and they were of the opinion it was highly unlikely anything detrimental would have occurred...and dealers are not known for their proclivity to NOT recommend service. HA!

That being said, I am appreciative of the advice and will absolutely have the diff fluid checked next time I'm in for a LOF.

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I waited until I’d been through the river crossing about a dozen times as I’d hoped to be able to put this pic in the “muddy” thread, but darnit...the platinum white just really never looks dirty unless you’re closer than a couple of feet.

1000 mile road trip in the books. Took two adults, a 4yo, an 18mo, and all our various outdoor gear including a couple of little bikes and scooters. The truck was exemplary. This was our first ever road trip where I could still see out the rear window when fully loaded. The ride is INCREDIBLE...smooth and quiet. Kept us cool and comfortable despite the 100+ temps (including some extended idling to accommodate sleeping toddlers). Got my butt cooled and massaged the whole trip.

As previously posted in the 4wd thread, the “regular” AWD system (no HD-tow, no FX4) was great! Got me through the river repeatedly in several areas where trucks failed to make it...I even pulled my brother-in-law’s F150 out of a crossing once. Selecting the “grass/gravel/snow” mode and relying on the computer to do its thing was completely drama-free. Even my wife was amazed at how “boring” it was to cross the river in ours after she saw all the reving and splashing and thrashing some of the other rigs were experiencing going through the rocks and mud. And this was all on 22s with stock street tires! Driving up to the crossing the first time drew some looks from a group nearby sitting next their lifted trucks...several of them pointed and chuckled at my shiny minivan with the automatic running boards...my successful journey left several open mouths and thumbs up. And before you say “I’m sure this ‘river’ was a small puddle”, no, our main crossing was a good 15 inches of quickly moving whitewater over slick, loose rocks/gravel with a pretty daunting approach and exit.

Gas mileage was pretty abysmal (15.5 as calculated (so not using the on-board computer)) but I did about 85 the whole way...plus that extended idling a couple times. The speed limit was 75 most of the way and if someone wasn’t doing north of that I usually passed, and we’ll just say that involved a foot to the floor and speeds in excess of 85. So the poor gas mileage was not a surprise.

And I will say I’m glad I replaced the subpar puddle lights with the leds. It was nice to actually be able to use the puddle lights in the middle of nowhere and I can’t say I’d have been able to do so with the stock bulbs.

My “janky” homebrew rear seat entertainment system worked great! And all-in it cost me $160. I got to listen to Cars and Finding Nemo on a pretty constant loop the whole way and the kids loved it. Pretty sure I could perform a one-man production of both of those movies from memory.

After 5000 miles, I could not be happier with my truck. 6976b89a9ada48e91e065294c46fe676.jpg

Post some more pics of that nice trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam Huskins

Reaction score
View media item 6595New to the forum. 2 weeks in with my Expedition. Mods are just beginning. So far:
ReadyLift SST level lift, Method Race Wheels 20x9 18mm offset and BFG 285/55R20 KO2's. No cutting. Custom fender flares coming at the end of the month.
Just a note from my research: SPECIAL EDITION PACKAGE. If you are thinking FX4 but want more bells and whistles check out this package. Incredible savings and on my limited it gave me everything I wanted except for the skid plates. The only thing I believe you can't get is the 360 camera.

View media item 6592
View media item 6595
View media item 6594
View media item 6593

Last edited:

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...BFG 285/55R20 KO2's...
Are those D rated? How much air pressure did you put in them and how do they ride? One of the things I've discovered in my research (being completely dissatisfied with the highway all season tires that came on my rig) is that the more popular A/T tires don't come in 275/65R18 116 and nobody makes an LT275/65R18 D. If I want anything other than a Duratrac, I'd have to go down to a C rated or up to an E rated...

Last edited:

Randy_270

Reaction score
View media item 6595New to the forum. 2 weeks in with my Expedition. Mods are just beginning. So far:
ReadyLift SST level lift, Method Race Wheels 20x9 18mm offset and BFG 285/55R20 KO2's. No cutting. Custom fender flares coming at the end of the month.
Just a note from my research: SPECIAL EDITION PACKAGE. If you are thinking FX4 but want more bells and whistles check out this package. Incredible savings and on my limited it gave me everything I wanted. The only thing I believe you can't get is the 360 camera.

Where are you getting custom fender flares from? Any pictures?