2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But really, I think we're splitting hairs in the big picture of life, our first world, super-safety first lives. Just using a car seat is better than this:

View attachment 23213
Wife and I traveled to Laos and saw this so many times, 3 people was totally normal, 5 wasn’t rare and we saw 6 people on one. Once we saw a bike with 4 with one breastfeeding.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am no expert but have always seen and been told the Latch system was superior. I am curious as to why they recommend the belt method. I would have to find out why they went as far to specifically state it is the preferred way. Because that is going to suck undoing that seatbelt everytime someone needs to get in the back!!
Completely agree with you 100% on getting into the back. We will be using the back in a couple week so I’m switching to using LATCH then. I’ve been undoing the seats nightly to keep imprints out of the leather until my seat protectors arrive. I’m not sure what the Expy seats are like but these Navi seats are really supple, just wearing my CCW at the 4 o’clock position left a visible indention from the grip after half an hour, it disappeared after a minute or so but I’m not sure what long term wear is like. I’ve never had real leather before.... I don’t think I can ever go back now lol so comfortable.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
How does the seat belt operate differently for a car seat vs human? From what we researched we found that the design this particular seat uses it cuts down on improperly installed seats and if it were as you state not ‘going to do anything for the seat in an accident’ I’d like to think this would have been found when testing the seat before going to market. If I’m not mistaken, the LATCH system is connected to the actual seat of the car so it’s dependent upon the seats connection to the automobile whereas the seatbelt is connect to the automobile only and independent of the seat.
Install it with the seat belt and then the latch system and you tell me which one results in more movement of the car seat. Latch system there will be little to no movement of the car seat if installed properly. Look up some videos

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Install it with the seat belt and then the latch system and you tell me which one results in more movement of the car seat. Latch system there will be little to no movement of the car seat if installed properly. Look up some videos
Movement is part of the safety aspect for a child car seat, agreed. Using LATCH makes child car seat depend on the integrity of the actual automobile seat mount, or in the case of the Navigator the seat rails since the seat is movable, as the primary point of stress during a crash. When using the seat belt the belt becomes the primary point of stress instead which it’s designed to do plus you get the benefit of the seat belt pretensioning on the shoulder strap and the lap belt is already at its tightest given the design of the seat (see how Britax Advocate is actually installed with the seat belt and you’ll see what I mean, a bad install is not as easy as with a normal child seat and seat belt method). If I had to guess I’d say the seat belt can withstand greater forces over the seat rails and/or seat mounting hardware. As stated already, we are splitting hairs at this point.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m dropping off my Navigator tomorrow for ceramic coating and tint, I’ll load some before/after shots of the tint for those curious about doing their windows.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m dropping off my Navigator tomorrow for ceramic coating and tint, I’ll load some before/after shots of the tint for those curious about doing their windows.

Are you paint correcting or just coating?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1CC25E8E-7E20-4597-BBC8-352D7385B156.jpeg
Are you paint correcting or just coating?
Paint correction for sure. From what I’ve read there are issues even with brand new cars. I have to leave it with them for a couple days which is going to be tough, especially since we just got it but I figure sooner the better. Thought about clear bra but I’m going to pass on that for now. Mine did have one paint issue inside the drivers side door frame at the top that was touched up at the factory but I might have it sprayed. Today the dealer cleaned and re touched it up. Here is what it looks like without touch up. I don’t have a touched up pic yet but will get one, curious what y’all would do. I want as flawless as possible within reason.