2019 Cross Traffic, Blind Spot, Mirrors & Power windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ms5435

Reaction score
We own a 2019 Expedition Max 4d LTD. The vehicle is WAY out of any warranty and has never been in an accident. It now has about 166k miles.

Last year we started to get the dash warnings about the Cross Traffic and Blind Spot not working. We noticed that when these warning came on that the mirrors would not fold in....figured this one when going through a car wash. We also noticed that when the warnings were on the screen that none of the windows could be controlled from the driver's side window control panel. Not sure if it's related, but recently noticed that the auto stop/start function doesn't work when at stop lights, but I'm ok with that not working, LOL. I did notice that even when the warnings were on, the right side would detect vehicles in the blind spot but the left side would not. Another thing I noticed was it would happen more often on hotter days vs cold ones. Then there are times it would go weeks without happening.

I figured if it were a short in the system wiring, it would be common to all of those issues listed above, most of which are on the left side. Given I don't know anything about FORScan, not sure where to begin my investigation process. I did attempt to expose the left side rear radar behind the rear wheel and under the bumper/cowling but could not figure out how to expose enough to check the connection or debris build up.

I really don't want to have to pay the "stealership" (misspelling intended) their way over priced hourly wage and they throw parts and time at the problem trying to figure it out! Last time I talked to them, they stated it could take unknown about of hours to trace down the problem and if the problem was the radar unit, it would be another $1200 on top of the diagnosing charges!

I would really appreciate any and all the helpful advice I can get from the forum.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you could obtain a wiring schematic, there may be some multi-connector with commonality to all circuits. If so, and you could locate that connecter; you could then separate and clean with contact cleaner, reassemble and check. I would suspect corrosion before a short, but anything is possible. Good luck

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This may help. I did not read it!

rporter2015

Reaction score
Check for water in the cross traffic sensor plugs under the taillights behind the bumper cover.

breannak

Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution? I’m having the same issue and can’t figure out what’s wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett