2019 License Plate LED lights (anyone try these yet?) *updated*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FoMoCo_Stealth

Reaction score
So I bought a set of 194 LED bulbs for my license plate lights and I was NOT impressed with what I got. So I took a look around and found some on ijdmtoy:

18F48EE8-E947-435B-918C-04BF6893682F.png D88CAEB8-0C69-4D66-AD87-01A6854581EA.png

According to the page these replace Ford PN : BB5Z-13550-A. They do not list them as a replacement for the expedition.

I looked up 2019 Expedition License plate light housing parts and found that the PNs are the same.

Has anyone else ever tried these? I think im going to purchase them and give them a try. The LED bulbs just don't seem to spread the light the correct way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FoMoCo_Stealth

FoMoCo_Stealth

Reaction score
well for anyone who is/was interested, I ordered a similar set off amazon. They work but I did modify them a little.

This is what I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QP3F6KR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The factory housing has a cutout in it so you can depress the release tab. (see red arrow). The LED ones I purchased did not so I cut out that relief so that if in the future I needed to remove them, for whatever reason, that I could. I will post pictures tonight after the sun goes down. I think these will end up being WAY better than the mis directed LED replacement bulbs I originally ordered.

s-l500.jpg

OP
OP
FoMoCo_Stealth

FoMoCo_Stealth

Reaction score
I use these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087JBX6Q6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I went for the 360 degree spread lights. First had a set that were one direction and only one side really threw out any light. Now it looks better. If I remember to grab a shot tonight, I will post it.

I had some LEDs that weren't quite 360 degree like those and I just didn't like how the spread and they weren't that much brighter than the factory halogen ones. I think im going to put the factory ones back in and then the LEDs to get some comparison photos. Maybe tonight or this weekend.