Deactivate front bumper sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick22t

Reaction score
Our 2019 limited expedition has aftermarket 22” wheels installed and because of this when we are for instance pulling into our garage the two front corners bumper sensors “see” the tire and sound off. This is really annoying so I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas how to remedy this. Thanks in advance

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it will fix your issue, but there should be a re-calibration procedure for the censors. It may be accessible in Forscan so it might be worth posting in that forum as well.

S20Workstation4

Reaction score
Our 2019 limited expedition has aftermarket 22” wheels installed and because of this when we are for instance pulling into our garage the two front corners bumper sensors “see” the tire and sound off. This is really annoying so I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas how to remedy this. Thanks in advance.

In the center console, below the "drive-mode" Dial, there should be a button that's marked with a "P".
That button turns off the parking sensors. You could try turning them off when you pull in the garage, and then turn them back on whenever you need them.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the center console, below the "drive-mode" Dial, there should be a button that's marked with a "P".
That button turns off the parking sensors. You could try turning them off when you pull in the garage, and then turn them back on whenever you need them.

What’s that old adage? If all else fails - read the vehicle owner’s manual.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nick22t

Reaction score
Thanks for that suggestion but I’d like an option that would only disable the two corners sensors on the left and right of the front bumper so that I’m not having to turn anything off and back on..

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for that suggestion but I’d like an option that would only disable the two corners sensors on the left and right of the front bumper so that I’m not having to turn anything off and back on..

In the 2019 manual there are also instructions on how to disable the front sensors in one of the dash screen sub-menus.

OP
OP
N

nick22t

Reaction score
Wouldn’t covering them with tape make them sound off not stop?

loulblades

Reaction score
I had a Ranch Hand Grill Guard installed a couple years ago and it caused my middle parking sensors to go off. The installer said for some reason this happened only some of the time. Ranch Hand has sensor covers for this and it seems to disable the sensors.

Ranch Hand Sensor Cover