2019 Stealth Package Image

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Speed enthusiast scene!!! LoL. You mean ignorant online fans that will never be able to purchase a $500,000 vehicle? Because if you were a true enthusiast, you would know it has received resoundingly positive feedback from the professionals, critics, etc it is a bonafide supercar. Numbers to prove it. And a Lemans wins. Ferrari is also going to all small displacement twin turbo engines. Get used to it

Lmao! The GT is a joke. Sext yes, but it's only a museum piece.

Fords numbers have evenproved to be a lie...:gathering:

https://www.motor1.com/news/260873/ford-gt-flexes-muscle-dyno/

:buttkick:

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford did the same thing with the stealth package that The General did with the RST on the Tahoe/Yukon group. Yes, the gm’s also got performance upgrades and the stealth is just an appearance package, but the gm performance upgrades just brought those vehicles roughly in line with the performance of the platinum Expy.

In the appearance department, the stealth is the same as the RST on the GMs, AMG line on the mercs, etc etc.

(On the Mercs, I’m not saying the stealth is the same as the true AMG suvs like the GLS63, I mean the AMG line appearance package you can order on any run-of-the mill merc suv. )

My whole rambling point being: Ford is simply following the trend of taking their suv and making it “meaner” looking with black wheels and other black bits. This is not new...and if it sells more vehicles, much like the move to make the Expy more “female friendly” as many on here have claimed....WHO CARES?! If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

Some folks on here need to remember the old “if you don’t have anything nice to say...” rule. Legit criticism for the benefit of potential buyers is one thing. Random personal preference diatribes are a horse of a different color.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So let me get this straight.

You got your feelings hurt for absolutely no reason, and yet missed the point of the post....

"Ford is using the Expedition as its whipping boy in a fit of a tantrum while they're clearly undergoing a dramatic identity crisis?"

The GT is only a Supercar because Ford calls it one. The LeMans soul was not built in the new GT, just an exclusivity factor that Ford chooses who will drive them based on the exposure it'll gain Ford and forces the purchaser to sign a contract to not sell. Grade A publicity stunt for a brand struggling to survive and has been losing value the past 5yrs....

Screenshot-20181124-090814-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Like I said the stealth is what every XLT aspires to be! The clashing designs on it will sell to some buyers yes, and Ford trying to keep up with the times. They just did it horribly compared to how Chevy or Dodge/Ram did it.

The stealth is the best family sized serving of Rice money can buy!
I never said my feelings were hurt, not sure where you came up with that.
You said I missed the point of your post then proceed to defend multiple points in that post. Is it one point or a few you’re trying to make?
The contract not to resale the GT was to keep people from buying and flipping them, not a publicity stunt.
I get it, you’re entitled to your opinion but you’re also gonna get some blowback when you’re trolling.
Also, my original post about your comment still stands as you’re not denying your true identity, Jski. Hehehe :))

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Read a little bro! It was built exclusively for racing in the GTE, it is only available for purchase to satisfy the rules. It is a heralded machine, 99% positive reviews. Finely balanced, incredible aerodynamics, incredible power. They said with the boost turned fully up it would compete more with the LMP series. You literally have no idea what you are talking about on this one. You are giving terrible personal opinion as fact, and it is flat out wrong. FLAT OUT WRONG.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blackscreen you make a good point, and I agree ford is in an identity crisis. Sales are low, Stock is low, and they can’t decide what tier they are on. Look at the 12th gen F-150 and Fords own confusion. 3.5 EcoBoost was marketed heavily and placed as the top engine. However if you pull a ford brochure the 6.2L V8 is listed as the top engine? The 6.2L V8 also was an upgrade over the ecoboost if you ever went to order that truck. Then the 6.2L was the only engine available in the top tier truck (Raptor and Lariat Limited).......so how is the ecoboost the top engine? It isn’t. Ford was so confused they couldn’t even decide where to go.

And on the next level now their pricing is on par with more luxury vehicle brands. Do they want to compete with domestic or luxury import? Next the pricing seems a bit too high, Lincoln is supposed to be the top end of the line and is completing with other luxury brands.

Last edited:

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lmao! The GT is a joke. Sext yes, but it's only a museum piece.

Fords numbers have evenproved to be a lie...:gathering:

https://www.motor1.com/news/260873/ford-gt-flexes-muscle-dyno/

:buttkick:
LOL, dude seriously. You need to read bro!! First of all, even if the number was true, it is 20hp down!!!! LOL. But if you read the article you would have read the following:

"For starters, dyno numbers can vary depending on the kind of equipment used. The video suggests this setup generally reads low, and when corrected to match Dynojet systems – a popular platform for measuring power – the number was considerably higher and within the expected Ford GT range. Also, this dyno had the rear roller linked to the front roller so all four wheels could turn. In other words, the dyno itself could’ve been experiencing “driveline loss.” There’s also atmospheric conditions, engine temperatures, and a whole mess of other variables that can contribute to varying readings. The video explains all this towards the end."

You really don’t have a clue!

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Ford did the same thing with the stealth package that The General did with the RST on the Tahoe/Yukon group. Yes, the gm’s also got performance upgrades and the stealth is just an appearance package, but the gm performance upgrades just brought those vehicles roughly in line with the performance of the platinum Expy.

In the appearance department, the stealth is the same as the RST on the GMs, AMG line on the mercs, etc etc.

(On the Mercs, I’m not saying the stealth is the same as the true AMG suvs like the GLS63, I mean the AMG line appearance package you can order on any run-of-the mill merc suv. )

My whole rambling point being: Ford is simply following the trend of taking their suv and making it “meaner” looking with black wheels and other black bits. This is not new...and if it sells more vehicles, much like the move to make the Expy more “female friendly” as many on here have claimed....WHO CARES?! If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

Some folks on here need to remember the old “if you don’t have anything nice to say...” rule. Legit criticism for the benefit of potential buyers is one thing. Random personal preference diatribes are a horse of a different color.

I completely agree. My whole point was the approach and placement of the "stealthness" could have been much more effectively executed.

Dodge and Chevy both did much better jobs with this. And the AMG GLE is on a completely separate level, and twice the price tag. Yet even with all the mentioned, they achieved the desired appearance with solid results. Dodge Blacktop editions literally can't stay on show room floors they're so popular.

I have one of the first production blacktop Durango RT AWD with white exterior and that layout was on point.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Durango!!! LOL, talk about a turd.

And yes the GT is a museum piece. It won Lemans in 2016 the first year it ever competed. Against historic and heralded lemans teams. I would definitely say that is museum worthy.

Durango..... oh I’m still chuckling.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Durango!!! LOL, talk about a turd.

And yes the GT is a museum piece. It won Lemans in 2016 the first year it ever competed. Against historic and heralded lemans teams. I would definitely say that is museum worthy.

Durango..... oh I’m still chuckling.

Guy you're a trip.

We're talking about use of BLACK as an accent in regards to the Durango.

But now you bring it up, from a performance standpoint my old 2015 RT AWD Durango would destroy an expedition even with the Durango fully loaded. And both are "technically" 7 seaters minimum.

Back to the GT.....

Like I said, the GT is smoke and mirrors....

Let's let the real track times speak for themselves.

Reality is the best supercars on the market are proved in the ring, and Ford has yet to step up to the plate. Underpowered and overhyped.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-...-lap-times-2018-quickest-cars-and-lap-records

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The expy isnt competing with a 5.7 Durango, but it isn’t tying to. Two different animals. Even the Explorer Sport with the 3.5 EcoBoost gets handily defeated by the Durango 5.7 in a straight line race every time. If you want a SUV that is a performer the Durango is pretty much unmatched by the domestics. Still my vote is Tahoe RST out of the bunch. Cool truck with a great sounding 6.2L V8. Not as quick as the Durango, but subtle enough yet very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.