2020 filler neck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yankeecause

Reaction score
2020XLT Check engine light came on. Went to my dealership and was told that it was a emission problem and filler neck needs to be replaced. I was told that I would need to pay my $500 deductible and Ford would pay the rest. Anyone else had this problem?

Beachums

Reaction score
What is the warranty status on you rig??? "Deductible" sounds like an insurance claim to me....

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2020XLT Check engine light came on. Went to my dealership and was told that it was a emission problem and filler neck needs to be replaced. I was told that I would need to pay my $500 deductible and Ford would pay the rest. Anyone else had this problem?

You didn’t state your vehicle’s mileage.

The Ford emissions warranty covers specific items for 8 years or 80,000 miles (no deductible).

Here is link to the emissions warranty folder .pdf: https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...ck-Warranty-version-1_frdwa_EN-US_04_2019.pdf

Do you have an extended warranty with a $500 deductible?

kjtully

Reaction score
Some questions - none need to be answered just things to think about...did you recently get gas and "top off" the tank by adding gas after the first shutoff. This can cause sensors in the fill neck and the charcoal canister to report odd things. Along the gas line thinking, did you get gas at a place different that your normal fuel location - i.e. could it be that you got bad gas (this happened to my wife on a long trip) as this can trip various sensors. Check all your fluid levels - wife's car threw emission codes when her coolant level was really low. With my wife's car issues, fixing the real problem (adding fluid to radiator and putting in fresh gas) caused the CEL to turn off and not come back.