2020 Ford Expedition Max Third Row Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tatafamily

Reaction score
Third Row Seat of my 2020 Ford Expedition Max not staying down after pushing power button to fold seat. Does anyone have this problem?

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you check to make sure nothing is blocking it from going down fully? Is the center seat belt disconnected? Also check that the second row seats aren’t overly reclined or they can block the 3rd row from being able to go down fully.

OP
OP
T

tatafamily

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions! I will double check and hopefully nothing is blocking it. One other thing I noticed after checking the spare tire, was the muffler and all the metal pipes connecting to it is getting rusty. I only have 35k miles and it seems too early to have it rusty? Let me know your inputs.

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had this problem on our 18 Max.
Never put it together that the 3rd belt could be blocking it. I guess we'd disconnected it then next time I'd tried it.
Filing that away for future reference in my mind.

GT350driver

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions! I will double check and hopefully nothing is blocking it. One other thing I noticed after checking the spare tire, was the muffler and all the metal pipes connecting to it is getting rusty. I only have 35k miles and it seems too early to have it rusty? Let me know your inputs.
I have just over 23k on my 2020 max limited...and yes to your rusty exhaust question.
Maybe we should get them rust proofed
Its what I would describe as a flash rust ...not flaking..rotted looking. I certainly hope I'm not replacing the system anytime soon.
BTW, I'm in the snowbelt east of Cleveland and they absolutely saturate the roads with brine..then rock salt.