2020 Max platimum Front Camera Image Dark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

utmeep

Reaction score
The cameras are crap. I fixed mine by either replacing the fuse or giving the rear camera a big fat smack. It's annoying but it's been working for me with a big fat smack.

PharmerBrown

Reaction score
This seems to be a 2020 thing. I'm at 3000 miles and the rear camera has done it from time to time. I also got the crazy colored lines once.

Jrparne

Reaction score
Happens to ours as well. At first we thought it was a temp thing...as the sun was beating on that side of the car. But as time goes on there is no rhyme or reason. It’s almost like whatever software is compensating for its digital f stop in the lense is not working correctly. But, it’s def malfunction so we will be letting our dealer fix it at the next oil change.

Yaady

Reaction score
Hi All, Im new to the forum... But if it make you feel better i just got my expy 2020 Stealth pkg 50 miles and the rear camera was dead. I took it to the dealership, they didnt even check it they just ordered a new camera. No Im waiting...SMH

2020ExpyPlatinum

Reaction score
The cameras are crap. I fixed mine by either replacing the fuse or giving the rear camera a big fat smack. It's annoying but it's been working for me with a big fat smack.
If I have to smack an 80,000 dollar car for something to work, I am going to get rid of it. Completely unacceptable, issue should have never occurred in the first place.

OP
OP
Brent Wahl

Brent Wahl

Reaction score
UPDATE: Front and rear cameras do not show in 360 overhead view. Dealer fixed it twice but each time dealer did not do the calibration required so 4 total visits to get all the camera and display to work correctly.

Given this issue we may decide to spend the cash for the extended warrantee .... Called a few ford dealers outside Florida and so far they will not sell a FORD warrantee for vehicles registered in FLORIDA.

Any suggestions for FORD dealers in Georgia new Jekyll Island ,,,, ???