2022 Aero Skin for the Hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTB2022

Reaction score
Hello All. I am thinking of adding the Aero Skin to the leading edge of the hood. Has anyone done this for the generation 4 series? There are two different models what are the differences. Thanks

RacerBX1

Reaction score
I ordered and have the Aero Skin Hood protector. It has not been installed yet due to living very near you and don’t have a heated garage. Instructions say +60 degrees for installation, so it sits in the garage until warmer temps. I had the other type on my pickup. The Aero Skin installs with double sided tape to the hood. The other one mounts with a couple of screws in the center and clips that fit over the lip of your hood for the outside mounts. There is a tape that comes with the kit to protect your hood but over time it falls out and those clips can scratch your hood. The Aero skin is a flush mount and the other one has about 1” space between the protector and the hood. The non-aero one also has stick on bumpers so the protector does not bounce off the hood. I went with the Aero this time to not scratch the hood years down the road with the clips on the outsides of the hood deflector.

OP
OP
MTB2022

MTB2022

Reaction score
ok Thanks for the useful feedback......parts guys aren't always knowledgeable about accessory applications

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish I could find a picture of this somewhere. My car has picked up several chips that are chapping me and I’d like a solution but the pics online don’t show at all what it looks like

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That hood deflector looks really good actually, I do wonder how effective it is though. Never been a fan of those window shades but that flows nicely with the lines of the vehicle.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought one from AVS for my 2018 several years ago. It's smoke, so it blends right in with the black paint. I was really tired of the bugs, but especially the stone chips on the hood. Easy to put on and I'm glad I did. With a coat of wax, everything comes right off. It doesn't deflect anything from the windshield in my opinion. I think some one makes one with a slight lip, that may deflect things from the windshield.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the week I bought mine, it went in for clear bra everywhere. I hate the chips too, and that deflector looks pretty good actually, but I'm also apprehensive about double sided tape especially on horizontal surfaces where liquid may collect. At least in CO, that liquid will often freeze in the winter and cause the tape to fail over time.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not the best pic, but you can see how it "fades" away. I was worried about the double sided tape not working, but no issues, especially with our heat.

IMG_20230119_081900995_HDR.jpg