2022 Expedition Owner's Manual (.PDF)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sliderz71

Reaction score
Great find! So the HO 3.5 in the Limited Stealth PP and Timberline...are you guys all planning on running 87 octane in that, like is specified in the manual? Or run premium?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice...too bad the reference guide is pretty much what's on the expy site now.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great find! So the HO 3.5 in the Limited Stealth PP and Timberline...are you guys all planning on running 87 octane in that, like is specified in the manual? Or run premium?
Min is 87, for documented performance and power levels you need to run 92+. Notice I said 92, that is because the fuel(Not gas) it is certified on is ~92 Octane. Even stock there is a difference in power 87 vs 93.

You will notice a limited 150 in that test. Basically the same HO motor.

Maxie

Reaction score
Just a question, can anyone tell me if there any other differences between the HO 3.5 and the non-HO 3.5 version other than the tuning?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a question, can anyone tell me if there any other differences between the HO 3.5 and the non-HO 3.5 version other than the tuning?
Yes. Small. HO Motor runs slightly different Turbos, no difference in boost, just longevity(Turbine Wheel more heat resistant). Compression is lower is because of different pistons, to help with cylinder pressure. There might be more, but that is what I know of.