2022 Expedition SPP Wheel Color Opinion Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpeckvtpcs235

Reaction score
Hello, my buddies friend owns a wheel shop and is going to powder coat the black wheels that came on my SPP, i hate the chrome rim, it needs to go. Should I go all black, or go anti matter grey to match the body color?

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I may not be the best one to weigh in but I would go all black to to leave a little contrast and not get too monochrome. But either way I can’t wait to see it.

OP
OP
cpeckvtpcs235

cpeckvtpcs235

Reaction score
I may not be the best one to weigh in but I would go all black to to leave a little contrast and not get too monochrome. But either way I can’t wait to see it.
Ya i think all Black may be best. I did full tint today all around. Chrome delete on the chrome under windows being done Friday and then I go Saturday to work out powder coat, should be done by next week. I will post pics when it is done. I do have to say, the 9 month wait was more than worth it, SSP is crazy.

bbenz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the pictures. I haven't decided if I want to powder coat the current wheels or try to sell and purchase a different set.

OP
OP
cpeckvtpcs235

cpeckvtpcs235

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the pictures. I haven't decided if I want to powder coat the current wheels or try to sell and purchase a different set.
dropping it off Monday, should have it back by Wed, I will post pics. Here are some pics of the chrome delete.

Attachments

• 20220810_160421.jpg
    20220810_160421.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220810_164910.jpg
    20220810_164910.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 54

bbenz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah definitely want that. Oddly enough though I'm having a harder time finding a place to actually do it. All of the local shops I've contacted are only doing full wraps and not smaller jobs which I can understand but still annoying.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t mind the chrome bits on mine. I have stone blue, I think it’s actually a nice contrast but still subtle. Even the wheels. I was going to get the aluminum brushed over. But it’s growing on me.

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah definitely want that. Oddly enough though I'm having a harder time finding a place to actually do it. All of the local shops I've contacted are only doing full wraps and not smaller jobs which I can understand but still annoying.
I did mine myself and I have no experience. Wasn’t too bad once you get the method down. I should have started on a straight piece instead of under the mirror which was the hardest. I used knifeless tape and would recommend it.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What size 3M roll did you get? 1" width?
I keep trying to book someone but don't ha e the time to drop of the vehicle etc. Would be easier to do myself in the driveway.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01