2022 Expy not available till Winter 2022?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
February at the earliest, healthy stock in march.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, my dealer told me not to expect delivery before March.

Mayurreddy

Reaction score
The production for the 2022 Ford Expedition has started on December 1st . They would need to make 300 units before the 15th of December. Then all these unit would be inspected and a if any issues with production necessary corrections would be made. The plant was shut down for a week to make the new model line changes last month.

Once everything checks. The OK to buy would be given from the plant to the scheduling team. That when all the orders for stock and retail would be picked up.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just took a look at the 2022 Expy on Ford.com and if I am reading the small print correctly, they will not be out until Winter 2022????

https://www.ford.com/suvs/expedition/2022/?gnav=vhpnav

Where I live, it will be winter on 1/1/2022.

Perhaps you are thinking of the 2022-2023 winter season, which begins in late 2022?

The link you provided stated the Timerline model will not be availablel until winter of 2022 (sort of a vague listing).

Your headline post states "Expy" - which gave the impression that all Expedition models would not be available until the winter of 2022.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The production for the 2022 Ford Expedition has started on December 1st . They would need to make 300 units before the 15th of December. Then all these unit would be inspected and a if any issues with production necessary corrections would be made. The plant was shut down for a week to make the new model line changes last month.

Once everything checks. The OK to buy would be given from the plant to the scheduling team. That when all the orders for stock and retail would be picked up.
Typically these would be non-salable, pre-production (PP) units, especially given that scheduling hasn't started. Nothing that goes to a paying customer is ever produced unscheduled. OKTB is decided with MP1 units.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought builds weren't supposed to start builds until mid Jan. Did they push up the order 1 job date? If so, why isn't the config up. When my18 were being released, the config came out a cpl wks before the job 1 date.