2022 hybrid option? yes please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
here's what i'm hearing about the '22 hybrid - if it comes

430h/570tq!

if it rings true, which it seems it will - sign me up!!!

any thoughts on this?

..."the 2022 Expedition is expected to use the PowerBoost V6 setup, which pairs a twin-turbo 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 with a 35-kilowatt electric motor and a 1.5-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery, mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission. In the truck, it makes 430 horsepower (321 kilowatts) and 570 pound-feet (773 Newton-meters) of torque, promising up to 12,000 pounds of max towing."

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
here's what i'm hearing about the '22 hybrid - if it comes

430h/570tq!

if it rings true, which it seems it will - sign me up!!!

any thoughts on this?

..."the 2022 Expedition is expected to use the PowerBoost V6 setup, which pairs a twin-turbo 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 with a 35-kilowatt electric motor and a 1.5-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery, mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission. In the truck, it makes 430 horsepower (321 kilowatts) and 570 pound-feet (773 Newton-meters) of torque, promising up to 12,000 pounds of max towing."

Yep. If there’s a Navi variant I’m in for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
lv2drive

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
+the "timberline" trim with different (better) bumpers for in / out.

selected.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can see lincoln adding a gt trim for the navigator hybrid like how they have for the aviator line. If the hy rid can do 27+ mpg on the hwy with only a 1k or so price bump, im all in.

Matthew Marlowe

Reaction score
First, if those towing numbers, are accurate..it's a huge boost. I doubt it though. The expedition has a limited wheelbase. It's not going to get same rating as proper f150.

But, if Ford could produce a max platinum 4x4 version with hybrid motor and enough wheelbase to mostly eliminate sway on 33ft 9k lb trailer...I'd buy it in a heartbeat, especially if it included builtin inverter. Honestly, I'd be willing to pay much more for it.

Devil is in details.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
lv2drive

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
even if you’re right and the towing weight is reduced in comparison to the 150, fine with me as 10k towing would be great / regular towing would be superior to what we’ve got now.

PLUS: THE MILEAGE!!!!

(+ the inverter!!!)

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can see lincoln adding a gt trim for the navigator hybrid like how they have for the aviator line. If the hy rid can do 27+ mpg on the hwy with only a 1k or so price bump, im all in.

Hybrid in F150 is 24/24. You're very unlikely to see any better from the Expedition. Weight and aero limit the gains. But 24 combined is still a big improvement.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First, if those towing numbers, are accurate..it's a huge boost. I doubt it though. The expedition has a limited wheelbase. It's not going to get same rating as proper f150.

But, if Ford could produce a max platinum 4x4 version with hybrid motor and enough wheelbase to mostly eliminate sway on 33ft 9k lb trailer...I'd buy it in a heartbeat, especially if it included builtin inverter. Honestly, I'd be willing to pay much more for it.

Devil is in details.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

The towing is primarily a function of the frame and suspension. Towing a heavier load requires a stiffer suspension that can make the vehicle uncomfortable when unladen. That's why Ford offered the seperate HDPP package for heavier towing on the F150.

My trailer is 33 ft and I don't have issues with sway. Just need higher tongue weight.

I doubt Ford will increase the tow rating, but the 7.2 kW and mpg are compelling enough, especially with the power issues we've had here in Texas.

RedLdr1

Reaction score
Before we bought our Expedition we looked at several 2021 F-150's with the hybrid option. The issue we had is the weight of the hybrid equipment takes the trucks cargo capacity down dramatically. The hybrid F-150's were in the 700-900 pound range.:( A similarly equipped non-hybrid would have 1400-1600 pounds cargo capacity.

I'd be really interested in a 2022 hybrid Expedition but Ford will have to improve the cargo capacity of the current hybrids to get me in one.

OP
OP
lv2drive

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yikes - perhaps not a dealbreaker for me, but really good point that i predict could be an issue for some on here.

i’ll tell you what, on the upside - judging how good our 19 gasser is - i’ll betcha the hybrid is probably amazing in the snow, with all that additional low center gravity weight - and dare i say potentially safer & more sure footed ride in general?

all considered, very curious to see what the handling & general ride changes may be - and what the overall final release options / specs will be.