2022 Limited power running board issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayh1967

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited with power running boards. The programming offers the ability to have a delay timer set so that boards do not extend/retract every time doors are opened and closed. Dealership has been unsuccessful in correcting problem. Mine is an early production unit wondering if anyone else has issue and how was it resolved.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It can't be resolved. The time is only for when you unlock the vehicle with the remote. Once a door opens all bets are off for how long they stay down and it will go up and down as doors open and close. There is no fix that has been found as of yet.

rma2123

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my wife’s ‘23 Limited Max, while opening and closing the doors. The 5 minute delay timer does not work like the delay timer on my ‘21 F150 KR.

LegalBrief

Reaction score
2022-2023 Expedition - Approach Detection Or Power Door Unlock Command Power Running Board Extended Deployment Auto Timer Inoperative - Vehicles Built On Or Before August 31, 2023

Some 2022-2023 Expedition vehicles, built on or before 31-Aug-2023, may exhibit an inoperative approach detection or power door unlock command power running board extended deployment auto timer feature (delayed for 300 seconds without opening the door) when Extended is selected in the center display screen for the power running board AUTO mode. This may be due to various software parameters in the driver front seat module (DSM). To correct the condition, download and run the Driver Front Seat Module (DSM) Configuration app using the latest level of the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS). For claiming use causal part number 14C708 and applicable labor times from Section 10 of the Service Labor Times Standard (SLTS) Manual.