2022 max XLT wreck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trying to be as vague as possible- but it was a utility vehicle used to pick up trash that’s a huge huge truck.. if you catch my drift. And the worst part is he didn’t just stop he drug me back 10 feet.
Oh my goodness! I caught your drift! There has to be major, major damage. I think the company thay operates this "utility vehicle" owes you a brand new vehicle. In the same configuration you had. You must still be recovering emotionally from that. I was in an accident 8 years ago involving a semi and i still catch my breath when i pass one. Your insurance company should do most of the leg work for you but definitely get some legal help if you don't feel you are getting a fair deal. Thank the Lord, you are ok and your babies weren't with.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Based on this...
Trying to be as vague as possible- but it was a utility vehicle used to pick up trash that’s a huge huge truck.. if you catch my drift. And the worst part is he didn’t just stop he drug me back 10 feet.

Definitely this...
Sounds like I have some calling to do today. Definitely need a better lawyer.

That should be a decent payday right there. Especially with you and your dogs in the vehicle when it was hit/dragged.

OP
OP
M

moon14

Reaction score
Oh my goodness! I caught your drift! There has to be major, major damage. I think the company thay operates this "utility vehicle" owes you a brand new vehicle. In the same configuration you had. You must still be recovering emotionally from that. I was in an accident 8 years ago involving a semi and i still catch my breath when i pass one. Your insurance company should do most of the leg work for you but definitely get some legal help if you don't feel you are getting a fair deal. Thank the Lord, you are ok and your babies weren't with.
Thank you so much for being kind!! It is emotionally EXHAUSTING and so distracting. I am so sorry to hear about your accident too. That had to have been so scary. I just don’t understand the sheer negligence..

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ins companies suck, personally I don't expect them to offer you much of anything. They are only looking out for their wallets not your lifestyle! Sucks, but its true.

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ins companies suck, personally I don't expect them to offer you much of anything. They are only looking out for their wallets not your lifestyle! Sucks, but its true.
Health insurance companies, I agree. They work harder at not paying then actually helping anyone. But I have had good experience with auto insurance. The above accident I mentioned was a double fatality. Both occupants of the second car, which was at fault died. My insurance took care of everything, got all my groceries I had in the car covered, new car seats. My vehicle was a total loss. Everything was handled.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what makes it even worse is that in many cases, these insurance companies created their rates 2+ years ago, and with the supply chain issues and sky rocketing vehicle prices, they couldn't increase rates overnight. In fact, due to Covid, many of them reduced rates and gave back money to members, only to get stuck in this pricing mess. They are almost all losing right now, which can make claims just as brutal as getting warranty work done via Ford.

Beachums

Reaction score
And dont forget loss of value for the hard hit. The vehicle will be forever branded with a “serious accident” which makes it much less desireable / valuable to any potential buyer / trade in. I know I would not buy it at any price.

Agree that the right lawyer gets this totaled, using the above factors.
Yep, the industry calls that a "diminished value" claim. A victim (not at fault) of a collision should be made whole. You will have to ask for it in most cases.