2022 Timberline - First Drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laporterican

Reaction score
The wifey just took delivery of her brand new 2022 Timberline! We're pumped and lucky to have been able to reserve it the second it became available, she absolutely LOVES it. Took a bunch of pics of some of the unique features, trying to find out if it has a factory "lift" to decide what size tires we can squeeze in there.

First impressions, it rides great, has plenty of power, full of tech features that we're currently combing through. Interior is AMAZING, we love it. Seats aren't as "green" as they looked online, which we're happy about. We live in the foothills outside Laporte, we do a lot of back roads, steep washed out sections, and tight switchbacks (just getting to my parent's house). The trail-turn assist is pretty slick, along with the crawl control. Haven't put it in 4L yet, or tried out the rear locker. We'll probably be some of the few people that'll actually test it's capability. I also have a FJ80 Land Cruiser and a lifted Bronco II in my ever-growing fleet of hoopties (that's why my wife gets the fancy new SUV).

LMK if you have any questions about it, I'd be happy to answer!

Attachments

• IMG_9851.jpg
    IMG_9851.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9855.jpg
    IMG_9855.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9856.jpg
    IMG_9856.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9864.jpg
    IMG_9864.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9865.jpg
    IMG_9865.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 76

Pawpaw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The wifey just took delivery of her brand new 2022 Timberline! We're pumped and lucky to have been able to reserve it the second it became available, she absolutely LOVES it. Took a bunch of pics of some of the unique features, trying to find out if it has a factory "lift" to decide what size tires we can squeeze in there.

First impressions, it rides great, has plenty of power, full of tech features that we're currently combing through. Interior is AMAZING, we love it. Seats aren't as "green" as they looked online, which we're happy about. We live in the foothills outside Laporte, we do a lot of back roads, steep washed out sections, and tight switchbacks (just getting to my parent's house). The trail-turn assist is pretty slick, along with the crawl control. Haven't put it in 4L yet, or tried out the rear locker. We'll probably be some of the few people that'll actually test it's capability. I also have a FJ80 Land Cruiser and a lifted Bronco II in my ever-growing fleet of hoopties (that's why my wife gets the fancy new SUV).

Very nice Timberline! Went with 275x70x18 BFG Ko2's on the stock FX4 wheels. Stock height and ride great at 42 psi.

IMG_6224.JPGIMG_6222.JPG

Elcid

Reaction score
I'm currently running 285 / 60r 20's (33.5" x 11") on a stock expedition. I think you would be fine starting here and likely even squeezing a bit more in if desired.

RetiredSOB

Reaction score

Yes pics of the interior please!