2023 Expedition King Ranch Bluetooth will not on!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

topher102608

Reaction score
I bought my 2023 Expy with the SYBC 4a on 1/5/24 as a Gold CPO. I found that my Bluetooth will not turn on in the connectivity screen. It will turn blue when you hit the button 3 dots start flashing beside the button. If you stay on this screen it will stay like this for hours (3 is as long as i have it). once you move to another screen the button turns off although it never fully turns on. Also the display has went black on us and became unresponsive upon starting the vehicle requiring a reboot.

The only way I can connect a device is through the USB port.

I have done the steering wheel reboot, factory reset through the screen, disconnected the battery for 2 hrs, took to the dealer for an update on the sync module.

Next step according to the dealer is a 2 day teardown to get to the modules for troubleshooting. Both Ford customer service and dealer says a loaner/ rental won't be provided until an official diagnosis has been reached and submitted for warranty. So during this period of 2 day teardown I'm S.O.L. on transportation and would be paying out of pocket for a rental, but if nothing is found to be the problem then i have another 2 days for them to put it back together.

Anyone have any advice or input on this?

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my 2023 Expy with the SYBC 4a on 1/5/24 as a Gold CPO. I found that my Bluetooth will not turn on in the connectivity screen. It will turn blue when you hit the button 3 dots start flashing beside the button. If you stay on this screen it will stay like this for hours (3 is as long as i have it). once you move to another screen the button turns off although it never fully turns on. Also the display has went black on us and became unresponsive upon starting the vehicle requiring a reboot.

The only way I can connect a device is through the USB port.

I have done the steering wheel reboot, factory reset through the screen, disconnected the battery for 2 hrs, took to the dealer for an update on the sync module.

Next step according to the dealer is a 2 day teardown to get to the modules for troubleshooting. Both Ford customer service and dealer says a loaner/ rental won't be provided until an official diagnosis has been reached and submitted for warranty. So during this period of 2 day teardown I'm S.O.L. on transportation and would be paying out of pocket for a rental, but if nothing is found to be the problem then i have another 2 days for them to put it back together.

Anyone have any advice or input on this?
It needs to be reprogrammed or replaced. Have them flash it first, no tare down needed. Then if that doesn’t work they can replace it.
Next time they jerk you around like that ask for the ford troubleshooting steps for such an issue. Tell them you want to see the 2 day rate as part of the diagnostic steps.

OP
OP
topher102608

topher102608

Reaction score
It needs to be reprogrammed or replaced. Have them flash it first, no tare down needed. Then if that doesn’t work they can replace it.
Next time they jerk you around like that ask for the ford troubleshooting steps for such an issue. Tell them you want to see the 2 day rate as part of the diagnostic steps.
They flashed it yesterday. And it didn’t work. Supposedly the teardown is next in the steps but I don’t have access to that information to verify the validity of it.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They flashed it yesterday. And it didn’t work. Supposedly the teardown is next in the steps but I don’t have access to that information to verify the validity of it.
It's a module replacement, not a tare-down. While some components of the dashboard have to be removed, it's hardly 2 day's time to access, replace, program, and test the module.
You can ask them for a copy of the steps, they can print them out.

OP
OP
topher102608

topher102608

Reaction score
It's a module replacement, not a tare-down. While some components of the dashboard have to be removed, it's hardly 2 day's time to access, replace, program, and test the module.
You can ask them for a copy of the steps, they can print them out.
Will do next time I talk to them thanks a lot for your time

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will do next time I talk to them thanks a lot for your time
Yeah, I am not a Ford Tech, and I can get to the APIM(The module they need to get to first), in less than 15 minutes. They are jerking you around. Also, ANY good dealer should provide you a loaner under these circumstances. It NEVER worked since you bought it. I would be standing in the General Managers office at this point. It is obviously a failure. They have already done the work to prove that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire