How much under MSRP should we negotiate for a 2023 Expedition Platinum or King Ranch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fcong

Reaction score
We've noticed an increasing number of 2023 Ford Expeditions on local dealers' lots and are curious about how much we should negotiate below the MSRP for either the Platinum or King Ranch trim (we are located in the South). Until now, we've primarily driven Japanese or Korean cars, but we're now in search of a full-size SUV to accommodate our family's needs. Any comments and information would be greatly welcomed and appreciated.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We've noticed an increasing number of 2023 Ford Expeditions on local dealers' lots and are curious about how much we should negotiate below the MSRP for either the Platinum or King Ranch trim (we are located in the South). Until now, we've primarily driven Japanese or Korean cars, but we're now in search of a full-size SUV to accommodate our family's needs. Any comments and information would be greatly welcomed and appreciated.

Granger Ford sells them for 3% under invoice pricing.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

OP
OP
F

fcong

Reaction score
Thanks, I did come across that post, but the OP didn't specify which trim s/he was referring to since 10K could mean 12% off for the Platinum but 15% or above off for the Limited.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, I did come across that post, but the OP didn't specify which trim s/he was referring to since 10K could mean 12% off for the Platinum but 15% or above off for the Limited.
If you are not in rush, I would suggest considering ordering your expedition from Granger Ford or Horsham Ford. Both of them offer 3% below invoice. It means 5k to 7k off MSRP, depending on vehicle trims and packages. The difference between model year 2023 and model year 2024 worths 2k to 3k, roughly. You do the math. If you can wait and don't mind travel, why not order. By the way, Ford redesigned some notoriously defective parts (e.g. CDF drum, Camphaser, etc...) in 2023 and 2022. With ordering a model year 2024 vehicle, your vehicle has a good chance to be built with newly designed parts. Just my two cents.

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever you're going to do, I wouldn't dilly dally. As soon as the UAW strike hits inventories will start to dwindle and prices will go up. A total strike might only go for 90 days but if they target strike and just shut down say, the transmission plants, it could go on for much longer.

CorvetteGuy88

Reaction score
We had seen on here $5-8k off MSRP for the platinum trim, and we were able to get $8k off + financing rebate. I get the sense I might have been able to squeeze another $500 or maybe $1000 from our dealer, but was definitely right near their walk away price.

Recommend platinum over king ranch unless you really like the KR leather look. The KR is more aligned to a limited with KR leather seats... i.e. door panels are still synthetic leather, dash, etc. In platinum, all those surfaces are covered by top grain leather, you get Blue Cruise, Zone Lighting, standard CCD (which having had a '22 limited before the '23 platinum, I can attest is a game changer if you value a ride that favors comfort).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire