2023 Expy Ltd. Driver side door power buttons stop working intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Swagonmaster

Reaction score
While I haven't worked on a '23 model I have turned wrenches for 40 years so I do have a suggestion. Any time I see an intermittent in the electrical parts of the drivers door the first thing I think of is a broken wire in the loom between the door post and the door itself. The next time the problem shows up try holding the effected button down while slowly opening and closing the door, that flexes the harness and often will cause the broken wire to get to a point where it will touch and the switch will start operating again (temporarily at least).
To the new member Borked, my name is H Robert Bork, look it up, I still get a grin out of having almost the same name as Robert H Bork and a lot of people don't know where the term "Borked" came from.

OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
I also have a 2023 expedition and had this same thing happen to me last week for the first time at the Dunkin’ drive thru. Lasted about a day and resolved itself.
It happened to me about 3 time now. Ssme thing, it seams to resolve itself after a day. Took it to a dealer and they weren't able to find anything wrong.

OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
While I haven't worked on a '23 model I have turned wrenches for 40 years so I do have a suggestion. Any time I see an intermittent in the electrical parts of the drivers door the first thing I think of is a broken wire in the loom between the door post and the door itself. The next time the problem shows up try holding the effected button down while slowly opening and closing the door, that flexes the harness and often will cause the broken wire to get to a point where it will touch and the switch will start operating again (temporarily at least).
To the new member Borked, my name is H Robert Bork, look it up, I still get a grin out of having almost the same name as Robert H Bork and a lot of people don't know where the term "Borked" came from.
Thanks for the tip, I will try to troubleshoot the problem if it stop working again. Although, if the issue is with the broken/damaged wire, how come the issue resolves itself after a day or so? Unless a short in the circuit trips the module causing temporary power outage...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205