2023 Infotainment System Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was all for the 15" Screen and now that we have it, wish I went with the 12".

I have rental from Enterprise with the 12" screen. I think it's great - I wouldn't order the 15".

bigwilly

Reaction score
Found another thing today that bugged me. Not specifically with the screen but infotainment related. My 2017 F150 had a "Mute" button on the steering wheel controls, that I used all the time. Expy doesn't have it and I couldn't find one on the screen.

bigwilly

Reaction score
I cannot figure out how to turn on recirc and have it stay on. Frustrating!
Apparently that's a "feature". There's another thread going about a/c and the same issue was brought up there. Send to be a safety feature to keep the CO levels low in the cabin, or at least that's the consensus.

Dvercher

Reaction score
Owner's manual:

Note: Recirculated air may turn off automatically, or prevent you from switching on in all air flow modes except MAX A/C to reduce the risk of fogging. Recirculation may also turn on and off automatically in various air distribution control combinations to improve heating or cooling efficiency.

Infra246

Reaction score
I find I barely need to touch the HVAC controls, other than maybe adjust the fan 1 speed or the temp by one degree. There are a lot of people that don't understand hot to use a cars HVAC system and constantly fiddle with it. They get in and set the heat for max temp and max fan, blast it, then shut if off because they are too hot. Then the windows fog up because there is no air flow, and they complain. You just need to set it and forget it like a house. Cranking the temp to max does not make your vehicle warm up faster! I just shake my head when I get in a car with someone and see them constantly messing with HVAC.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
I find I barely need to touch the HVAC controls, other than maybe adjust the fan 1 speed or the temp by one degree. There are a lot of people that don't understand hot to use a cars HVAC system and constantly fiddle with it. They get in and set the heat for max temp and max fan, blast it, then shut if off because they are too hot. Then the windows fog up because there is no air flow, and they complain. You just need to set it and forget it like a house. Cranking the temp to max does not make your vehicle warm up faster! I just shake my head when I get in a car with someone and see them constantly messing with HVAC.

Yeah, the all-or-nothing thing is absolutely bonkers. If anything, set to "auto" and desired temp and let it work.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Exactly this. I seldom touch the HVAC controls except the rear for the kids.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife, LOL!! She refuses to keep the HVAC on Auto. Heat and fan full blast in the winter...

bigwilly

Reaction score
My wife, LOL!! She refuses to keep the HVAC on Auto. Heat and fan full blast in the winter...
Same with my wife! whenever I go in her car I set it to auto and done. Then she comes in and starts fiddling with it. My f150 stayed on auto 99% of the time, expy will be the same. Seems the Auto on the expy is even better than on the f150.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire