2023 Timberline Expedition key fob light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KetMalice

Reaction score
Auto start stop delete does not remove remote start. My 22 XLT has that delete option and remote start works.

When using the fob for locking and unlocking the doors, the fob light doesn't flash on mine. When you remote start it the fob light turns green.
Yeah, I have a 22 Timberline that won’t remote start from the fob. I asked the dealership about it and they told me the auto start/stop delete also deleted that.

It will however remote start from the app, which functionally never made sense to me. I argued with the dealership and they were pretty adamant. I will ask again.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a 22 Timberline that won’t remote start from the fob. I asked the dealership about it and they told me the auto start/stop delete also deleted that.

It will however remote start from the app, which functionally never made sense to me. I argued with the dealership and they were pretty adamant. I will ask again.
The Timberline does have a different engine than my XLT. So maybe remote start is different somehow on it? I would find that hard to believe as well if the app remote start works.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Does your window sticker show the remote start as standard or optional equipment?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Timberline does have a different engine than my XLT. So maybe remote start is different somehow on it? I would find that hard to believe as well if the app remote start works.
and just an FYI, it's not a different engine. they are all pretty much identical, just different tuning to create the different power specs, this has been discussed many times on here when comparing say the platinum vs. XLT, or the Navi vs. the expy.

RacerBX1

Reaction score

KetMalice,

What trim level do you have 500A or 501A. I can’t be certain about the 500A package, but the 501A absolutely has Remote Start, and that has nothing to do with Auto Start/Stop. With my 2023 I had to get the Auto Start/Stop delete to even order, so I do not have that but do have Remote Start. Sounds like the typical Ford Dealership blowing smoke up your a$$.

KetMalice

Reaction score
KetMalice,

What trim level do you have 500A or 501A. I can’t be certain about the 500A package, but the 501A absolutely has Remote Start, and that has nothing to do with Auto Start/Stop. With my 2023 I had to get the Auto Start/Stop delete to even order, so I do not have that but do have Remote Start. Sounds like the typical Ford Dealership blowing smoke up your a$$.
501a, it’s on my window sticker.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Timberline had auto start stop delete, remote stop doesn’t work.

Thats for the car to shut off at a stop light and start again. Some green bs option which does nothing for the environment and puts strain on the starter, battery and engine.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and just an FYI, it's not a different engine. they are all pretty much identical, just different tuning to create the different power specs, this has been discussed many times on here when comparing say the platinum vs. XLT, or the Navi vs. the expy.
Everything I have read on here states the Timberline and Stealth Performance are more than just different tunes. They use a high output version of the 3.5 with different pistons, turbos, etc. The other trims are just different tunes like you stated. It's cool if I'm wrong, no heartburn.

In the end it doesn't really matter as that wouldn't be the issue here the more I think about it. I guess it could be likely there are two different modules for remote start - one command that works through the wireless link to the app and a local one for the fob. So if the fob one goes bad the app could still work. Just a thought.

OP
OP
C

cowpoke84

Reaction score
Just purchased a new 2023 Timberline Expedition. WE have noticed that both fobs indicator light doesn't work. The fob appears to work for all functions but not the light. Is there something on the fob to change or in the vehicle settings? Would like to see on the fob that remote start did actually start the car. Does your 2023 fob have a working light?
SO it looks like some units are working and some are not. We have a 22 F250 that works. It's nice to have the light when you remote start and get the green or red light when you can't hear if it actually started.