22”-24” tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Urmom

Reaction score
Hey yall, hope everyone is well today.

I just bought a 2020 expedition and wanted to get new tires/wheels. It currently has the stock all weather tires on it, which are great, but I wanted to put on all terrain tires.

Does anyone have pics of their expedition with all terrains? I’m trying to figure out what would look good with mine, also.. can I upgrade to 24” tires if I have the wheel room?

I would normally ask my dad all these questions but he died two years ago.. so here I am. IMG_2811.jpeg

help a girl out please!

RacerBX1

Reaction score
Some additional information from you would help (trim level, current tire size). I’m guessing that is an Expedition Platinum, and that you currently have 20” wheels. Your current tire size will confirm. If my assumptions are correct I would think you can go with a 275/60-20 Tire (that would be a 33” tire). If your currents are a 265/55-20 or 275/55-20 that is around a 32” tire. Going bigger you will want answers from others. Also going a bit bigger than stock will throw off other things like speedo and other things. All Terrain tires can be bought in your current tire size, or many other sizes. A good place to do research is tirerack.com . You can put in the tire size you are looking for and put filters on it to look for All Terrain. The also rank tires by customer feedback, so that helps in picking out good tires. Buy from wherever you want, but again good for research.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 22" 285/45s are 32.1" tall.

If you have a tuner you can adjust the speedo if you put 33s on. However I am not 100 percent sure there won't be running without a lift.

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you going for "looks" or actual "all terrain" performance? Do you do any towing?

OP
OP
U

Urmom

Reaction score
they’re 285/45R22.

I don’t want a lift or anything, but we live near the mountains. PNW. the AWT I have on currently would suffice just fine, but I like the look of all terrain tires, just trying to see what others may have done that looked good

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett