24 Trans. Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedbump

Reaction score
Our 19 Limited stealth has 43k and the trans seems to be working itself into a pile of trash.
It’s scheduled for service next month….soonest I could get it in. Still have a warranty so I’m not stressing. But, looking at a new 304pkg stealth…. Is it the same transmission or did Ford fix the many problems from the earlier models?Seems like the new hp would be a bit more than the trans will handle

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 19 Limited stealth has 43k and the trans seems to be working itself into a pile of trash.
It’s scheduled for service next month….soonest I could get it in. Still have a warranty so I’m not stressing. But, looking at a new 304pkg stealth…. Is it the same transmission or did Ford fix the many problems from the earlier models?Seems like the new hp would be a bit more than the trans will handle
Im seeing the new expys have tranny issues too.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same Trans. The trans is good, the programming is CRAP!

That's true. Programming is too "smart" to understand human being input. I have reset the adaptive learning table several times and still get the 5 to 3 and 4 to 3 downshift lags, frequently. But, if I brake super lightly, there is no downshift lag between 5 to 3 or 4 to 3. And it used to be the complete opposite before I did the first relearn. What a crap programming. I guess, Ford just simply can not afford any tier 1 programmer teams, unlike the big techs at Silicon Valley. Anyway, according to my Youtube research, minor downshift lags don't harm the 10R80 transmission at all. So I just live with it.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know the time it takes for a new (2023 SPP build date August 23) tranny to "learn" driving habits? When coasting downhill I like to use engine compression to slow down. So far, with under 2k miles, the tranny still doesn't downshift the way I think it should.

Saying that, would initially using Manual Shift help in the learning? Thanks.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know the time it takes for a new (2023 SPP build date August 23) tranny to "learn" driving habits? When coasting downhill I like to use engine compression to slow down. So far, with under 2k miles, the tranny still doesn't downshift the way I think it should.

Saying that, would initially using Manual Shift help in the learning? Thanks.
Did you put it in Sport? That might help.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have not tried that. I really don't want to use sport mode in my everyday driving. The Expy had 500ish miles on it when I purchased it so there were many miles of different drivers to screw up the initial learn. I did not ask the dealership if they had reset this when I drove it off the lot.

So my original question still is begging. How long (miles, days. months) does the relearn take?

I really do like this vehicle with the potent engine. It just purrs through the neighborhood before I get it out to the highway.