2nd row console options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KE2016EXP

Reaction score
I have 2016 with 2nd row bench seat. Does anyone of a good option for a console that can fit on the middle seat? Looking for options since there is no armrest or storage for the 2nd row.
Thanks

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think there are quite a few threads around here about this. Ford makes a 2nd row console for the Navigator. I picked one up brand new off eBay for $300. (Watch out for interior color changes in 2015-17 models compared to older models.) It requires 2 brackets to bolt to the floor (not included unless you are buying used and get lucky).

Also, when you take out your 2nd row middle seat, be sure ALL holes get plugged. Be aware there is an extra hole in the floor (in addition to the bolt holes) that *must* be plugged as it leads to outside (even though it might not look like it does). Exhaust fumes, drafts, and pests can get in that way. Finally, you will have holes in your carpet in that area that may be visible.

I never installed my console and I'm still debating what to do with it. The problem for me is I sometimes need to haul large 4X8 sheets of material. With the middle seat, the 2nd row folds perfectly flat. On the other hand, the console sticks up quite a bit, creating a large "hump" in the middle of an otherwise flat cargo floor.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 2016 with 2nd row bench seat. Does anyone of a good option for a console that can fit on the middle seat? Looking for options since there is no armrest or storage for the 2nd row.
Thanks

Poach from junkyard navigator, 2007-2017 should work for sure... other years, who knows. Tell us if you find out

OP
OP
K

KE2016EXP

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I am not ready to remove the center seat at this time. I am looking for something that can be placed on the seat either when it is up or folded down. Something that can be removed. Everything I found so far seems to be small in width.

Thanks,

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I am not ready to remove the center seat at this time. I am looking for something that can be placed on the seat either when it is up or folded down. Something that can be removed. Everything I found so far seems to be small in width.

Thanks,

Doesnt work that way

Trust me

Ive pulled all seats, replaced all seats, reupholstered all seats...

You want a console, you remove middle seat and bolt in a gator console. /END

PS gator console is an option, not all gators will have it.

SoCalStig

Reaction score
I built my own using 1/2" MDF, Indoor/outdoor carpet, foam padding, waterproof camo fabric and a drop in double cupholder that i found on ebay. It is held in place with a 1" military surplus web strap attached to the LATCH brackets on the middle seat in the second row. It isn't the most elegant looking console in the world, but it works for the intended purposes.