2O1O FORD EXPEDITION EDDIE BAUER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd40

Reaction score
DRIVER AND PASSENGER WINDOWS ROLL UP SUPER SUPER SLOW EVEN AFTER I HAVE TREATED BY SPRAYING A TYPE OF GREASER TO COMBAT THE VELVET RESISTANCE. DO WE NEED NEW MOTORS?

OP
OP
Todd40

Todd40

Reaction score
Replace the window regulator. They are a door-sized unit that consists of pulleys and nylon lines that pull the window up and down. They get gummed up, and if you are patient can bec leaned up to remove the solidified grease and operate well again. The motor's fine.
How can I tell if it is the regulator or the motor. Can the motor be tested?

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How can I tell if it is the regulator or the motor. Can the motor be tested?
It isn't the motor. Like Trainmaster said, it's the regulator. There are cables ( like bicycle shifter/brake lines ). They can get gummed up or crusty. I tried dripping tri-Flo oil in the sheaths, but it didn't help in my situation. I just ordered a new regulator like I should have in the first place

OP
OP
Todd40

Todd40

Reaction score
Hello,
The window rolls down quickly, but when I roll it up after silicone it goes up normally. I have noticed that when I do it will stop and not do anything, but eventually after a couple of mins it will "recharge" and go up and then stall again. We just replaced then battery today. I am thinking it is electrical? What say you?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I doubt it is electrical. If a circuit is popping I suspect it's because of mechanical drag on the components. I think if you change the regulator, you'll be okay.