3/2” lift – Not so pleased with…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bernard

Reaction score
looks good. as for the reason the rear gets an inch less lift. the expy is "truck" based and sits an inch higher in the rear for load leveling.
I don’t know. I think I would prefer it with the extra inch – especially when you all load up with the 3 kids and gear for a week…

That sucks about the contact....i wonder if there is a way to put in a stop to prevent contact
At first, I thought it was "content"… :)

There are ways to prevent it.
You can install larger/longer knuckles (ones made for lifting F-150 up to 2010??), use limiting straps ( to limit the down travel/movement), modify the upper “A” arm or use a different BALL joints.
I wonder if there are ball joints that attached to the knuckles at a lower point – like a ball joint with a longer body or a longer conical stud…

What about the tires?
Any one runs 295/70/18 and can upload pics and comments?

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im with you bernard i would rather have an equal amount of lift. but you have to go with whats available some times.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your willing to ride with a lean backwards, take the rears out and go to a trusted metal working place and add the appropriate amount of metal. I would think no more than a 1/2 inch should do it.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

OP
OP
B

Bernard

Reaction score
If your willing to ride with a lean backwards, take the rears out and go to a trusted metal working place and add the appropriate amount of metal. I would think no more than a 1/2 inch should do it.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

That was my thought – adding some more metal to one end of the rear spacer but because the lift isn’t equal to the spacer’s height, I don’t know how much thickness to add to the spacer - How much spacer height = how much lift?

So do you think 1/2 inch of added thickness will get me the 1” I want?

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you are going to a metal fabricator. you might as well have them make you new ones. since you already have the other spacers measure them and then add the appropriate amount of height to the spacer to get the lift you want.

OP
OP
B

Bernard

Reaction score
if you are going to a metal fabricator. you might as well have them make you new ones. since you already have the other spacers measure them and then add the appropriate amount of height to the spacer to get the lift you want.

I intend to do that myself - not going to mess with fabricating all new ones, just add a piece of metal to get the extra 1”…

donalds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont see the issue. the only pic where it is on solid ground is on a driveway with a slope downward on it. if you are trying to get the rear fender opening as high as the front i think the rear will be WAY higher than the front. mine sits level on level ground like a parking lot with the 3/2 lift

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont see the issue. the only pic where it is on solid ground is on a driveway with a slope downward on it. if you are trying to get the rear fender opening as high as the front i think the rear will be WAY higher than the front. mine sits level on level ground like a parking lot with the 3/2 lift

That's just it. He want's the rake back.

OP
OP
B

Bernard

Reaction score

In the first pic, the truck is level to the ground/slope, so the slope doesn’t affect the rear or the front height nor the tire-fender clearance.

Leveled or not, the rear got an inch less lift than the front (measured), the head light point to the sky (not that much :) but it is higher..)
You can see in the following pic (taken on fairly leveled ground, before the lift) that the gap between the wheel and the fender is about the same, front and rear.
I was happy with the original height F/R differences (if there were any to begin with) and would prefer to keep it that way. If the front gets 3”, give the rear the same. That’s all I’m asking :)
Before the lift.jpg

But it is just a matter of preferences. I prefer the rear to be a bit higher than sagging when loaded.

Usually, when you (I) go on a trip (on or off road), I “load up” the family and some gear for the duration of the trip (a lot more gear for offroad..) and I don’t want the rear, where the majority of the load is, to go down too much and minimize my ground clearance, bottom up the rear suspensions and get worsen the departure angle that is bad (to say the list) to begin with.

As I said, a matter of preferences.
Not a big issue but I would have just like to have the option to decide…