3rd Gen - Emergency brake warning not turning off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAB1975

Reaction score
New problem started this week, whereas when I pull the emergency brake handle to release it, the warning light above the trip computer does not turn off. And when I put it in Drive, the trip computer also says the pedal is not released. And when the car is in motion, it dings at me. As far as I can tell though, the E-brake is fully disengaged. Thoughts?

Coincidentally, and possibly related, I found this rubber bumper on my floor the same day the issue started. What is it and where does it go?

IMG_2425.JPG

Copper93

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you look at the e-brake, there is an arm where the bumper goes. It pushed a switch to break the circuit and turn the light off. It’s under the dash and you may have to lay in the floor to see it.

OP
OP
A

AAB1975

Reaction score
Thank you, and that was easy! For future reference, here are two photos. The second is the top of the e-brake pedal. Circled is the hole that the cone end of the rubber bumper pops into. The first photo is looking up towards the dash. Circled is the button that the rubber bumper pushes to tell the system the e-brake is disengaged.

4F2D501B-0EB0-426F-8CB6-28C2C28677F4.jpeg

78B18320-E7E6-4705-9743-FCD6B33E72B9.jpeg